STRIPPED TRACHYCARPUS

PTOC

STRIPPED TRACHYCARPUS

Post by PTOC »

Stripped some of my trachys back they look amazing. would it be advisable once the trunks dry out to varnish them some give them some protection and to bring the colour of the trunks out.
Any feedback would be grateful icon_sunny
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: STRIPPED TRACHYCARPUS

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

PTOC wrote:]STRIPPED SOME OF MY TRACHYS BACK THEY LOOK AMAZING. WOULD IT BE ADVISABLE ONCE THE TRUNKS DRY OUT TO VARNISH THEM SOME GIVE THEM SOME PROTECTION AND TO BRING THE COLOUR OF THE TRUNKS OUT.
ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE GRATEFUL icon_sunny

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING! :lol:

I would leave them be and let them harden up naturally.
khaskings

Post by khaskings »

At the time of replying there's been 28 views at not one response to something that would have prompted a response from the amygdala of most people here.

Hmm!

Having checked your post history, Lee, either it's the most subtle infiltration of a troll ever or you are a genuine member and have asked a question about a subject that made my eyes widen when I read it.

If you are a troll - gotcha!

If it's a genuine question, then I think that the combination of varnish and living palm is probably a bad idea.

The fact that I've answered in this way should probably be a bit of an indicator too.

Does it count if a troll gets a proper answer with caveats to a question? Is it a draw if I'm diplomatic?
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

This has been asked before, if memory serves correct its best to leave alone once stripped. I know a great many members prefer the hairy look, but others have stripped theirs and then leave them alone. Varnish would lead to certain death I'd imagine over time, I could be wrong though :?
rajah99

Post by rajah99 »

Ive never heard of varnish being applied to a living tree? once you start making tables out of it, varnish will do just fine.

Post a pic of your stripped tree, lets take a look. Im sure it looks just fine.
PTOC

Post by PTOC »

khaskings wrote:At the time of replying there's been 28 views at not one response to something that would have prompted a response from the amygdala of most people here.

Hmm!

Having checked your post history, Lee, either it's the most subtle infiltration of a troll ever or you are a genuine member and have asked a question about a subject that made my eyes widen when I read it.

If it's a genuine question, then I think that the combination of varnish and living palm is probably a bad idea.

The fact that I've answered in this way should probably be a bit of an indicator too.

Does it count if a troll gets a proper answer with caveats to a question? Is it a draw if I'm diplomatic?

Hi

I would just like to apologise for the Capitals, it was a genuine question and I will post some pics of my palms just to show that im not a troll just a palm lover like you guys.

Hope this satisfys other members.
Jamesyoung

Post by Jamesyoung »

khaskings wrote:At the time of replying there's been 28 views at not one response to something that would have prompted a response from the amygdala of most people here.

Hmm!

Not sure how this can be viewed as disingenuous icon_scratch
looks like a fair question to me and as other members have said it has been asked before

"there's been 28 views at not one response" what about the first response? yours was the second :lol:

Lee - I would leave them they will harden off naturally :) icon_thumleft
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

My instinct was also to think, Troll.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

and my instinct is that I will not allow witch hunts, so answer the topic, or don't reply. :wink:

Dave - Admin
rajah99

Post by rajah99 »

but dont trolls have clubbed hands and therefore unable to type? icon_scratch
:lol:
khaskings

Post by khaskings »

Well, that told me.

To PTOC - I apologise for suggesting that your initial post was anything other than genuine icon_salut

Mike.