£15.99 Trachys in Ikea

dino

£15.99 Trachys in Ikea

Post by dino »

Popped into my local Ikea today and they had decent Trachycarpus F's for £15.99. So healthy I got asked if it was real at the checkout :lol:
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (49.73 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
billdango

Re: £15.99 Trachys in Ikea

Post by billdango »

dino wrote:Popped into my local Ikea today and they had decent Trachycarpus F's for £15.99. So healthy I got asked if it was real at the checkout :lol:
photo.JPG
They look good value for money so I may pop down to the Southampton branch of Ikea and see what else they have got.

rgds billdango :D
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Let us know Bill, not after any more fortuneis though :lol:
tropical Tom

Post by tropical Tom »

I saw these but I thought they looked like they'd been grown under false light ( they were that 'wilkos' type green )! I would question thier hardiness! I'd rather pay a bit more and have Nigel's Trachycarpus's icon_thumleft
dino

Post by dino »

Tom they're the same colour as my other 4 all different sized ones. For that money you can't really complain but winter will be the judge I guess. Ade there wasn't much else worth bothering with. I was actually after another Cycas Revoluta but they didn't have any. I know every store is different though as they had a load of Roebellini's in the one in Coventry.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

At that price you cant go wrong, if you think its been grown soft then give it a home for winter and plant it out next spring.
Kerinsian

Post by Kerinsian »

That's really good value for money, it almost makes me wish I'd not moved away from Cardiff!
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Cheap as chips......
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
hardwood

Post by hardwood »

great value
gdudey

Post by gdudey »

Thats a good price. How big is the trunk if it has one?

Those plants are tough, I doubt anyone would have any major issues if its a mild winter. I have had Ikea echeverias survive outside in the winter.
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Kerinsian wrote:That's really good value for money, it almost makes me wish I'd not moved away from Cardiff!
Probs don't have any, they never seem to have the cycas either, even tho it often shows as in stock online
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

In Nottingham Branch also, quite stocky plants.
JBALLY

Post by JBALLY »

Did you notice if they had any cycads revolutas in the Nottingham branch as it says not in stock online but also no mention of trachys either?
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Looks an ideal size for planting out.
gdudey

Post by gdudey »

I might go and have a look this weekend. We need to buy a kids tent and houseplants anyway.