Come on then coleus growers tell me how it is done.

Deedee

Re: Come on then coleus growers tell me how it is done.

Post by Deedee »

Yeah thats what i thought they were gdudey, the flowers are just starting to grow now, ive pinched them out, ive seen them at B&Q and said to hub, someones swapped them around and left all the cra* ones :mrgreen:
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Deedee

Post by Deedee »

There gorgeous YK, I like the pink one with the wide serrated green edge in the second pic and the one in the next pic, these must be named varieties, they dont look like the normal rainbow mix..
gdudey

Post by gdudey »

Deedee wrote:Yeah thats what i thought they were gdudey, the flowers are just starting to grow now, ive pinched them out, ive seen them at B&Q and said to hub, someones swapped them around and left all the cra* ones :mrgreen:
:lol: I'm not the only one that does it then.

I love coleus, as its so easy to grow from seed and aren't fussy outside. Apparently they can be grown as houseplants. Has anyone tried/got tips on doing this?
call

Post by call »

i have loads of coleus growing about the garden now i must have at least 20 :D
shanks

Post by shanks »

i bought 6 plugs from diblys as never had luck with seeds but 4 died within a week, the two remaining i am training into standards
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

They look like C. Pagoda? I got 6 from Dibleys too, and of those I think Pagoda will be my most useful - much bigger leaf, and plant, than the norm. and I think it will make the best bedding in-fill for future years. Photos of the ones I got from Dibleys are on my blog:
http://kgarden.wordpress.com/projects/e ... enostemon/
shanks

Post by shanks »

Kristen wrote:They look like C. Pagoda? I got 6 from Dibleys too, and of those I think Pagoda will be my most useful - much bigger leaf, and plant, than the norm. and I think it will make the best bedding in-fill for future years. Photos of the ones I got from Dibleys are on my blog:
http://kgarden.wordpress.com/projects/e ... enostemon/
yes they are kristen, i think the feed in the compost has gone so will have to feed as there looking a little dull, forgot to take them in the other night and slugzilla had a go despite pellets and vaseline around pot :?