Livistona Decora / Decipiens.

jungle jas

Livistona Decora / Decipiens.

Post by jungle jas »

Any one tried to grow one of these? If so how did you get on. Thanks. icon_thumright
redsquirrel

Re: Livistona Decora / Decipiens.

Post by redsquirrel »

i bought a couple of healthy ones from italy,they died in transit,probably froze in the swiss alps
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

redsquirrel wrote:i bought a couple of healthy ones from Italy,they died in transit,probably froze in the Swiss alps
What can I say! Sorry to here that, these things happen. :roll: Fortunately were I live we have our own mountains. No need to go to Switzerland. icon_thumright
TroyDonovan

Post by TroyDonovan »

haven't got one down in the garden down here but i believe they need a long warm summer to grow well . apparently they are hardy to at least - 6 C in California as quoted on the IPS forum .

Troy
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

TroyDonovan wrote:haven't got one down in the garden down here but i believe they need a long warm summer to grow well . apparently they are hardy to at least - 6 C in California as quoted on the IPS forum .

Troy
Thanks Troy, the -6c I can just about manage here. The long warm summer. :ahhh!: No chance! icon_thumright
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

I have just bought some germinated seeds off eBay. At least it wont have cost much when the palms eventually end up in the recycling bin. :roll: icon_thumright