Show me your Fatsia

Jo A P

Re: Show me your Fatsia

Post by Jo A P »

Thanks Mike.
Jersey Shore is on TV here and I've watched it a couple of times!Just to keep up with my English you understand :oops: I've never told any of my students (mainly adults) that there is a programme on TV in English. I tell them to get out and follow tourists or change the language on DVDs. So if you find yourself in Volterra and people keep following you, that's why.
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

[quote
go pee on it
(seriously its supposed to bring out the variegation )

callum
growing exotics in sunny thanet
http://tinytropicals.blogspot.co.uk/
][/quote

That must surely depend on what you have drunk!!!!
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

Jo A P wrote:Thanks Mike.
Jersey Shore is on TV here and I've watched it a couple of times!Just to keep up with my English you understand :oops: I've never told any of my students (mainly adults) that there is a programme on TV in English. I tell them to get out and follow tourists or change the language on DVDs. So if you find yourself in Volterra and people keep following you, that's why.

Go follow tourists that to funny :lol: I do give anyone who is trying to learn american english alot fo credit. i have heard many times over it is by far the hardest language to learn due to all the slag terms we use on a regular basis and alot of our words sound the same but are spelled differant and mean differant depending on the spelling. keep up the good work....now back to the Fatsia icon_salut
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

miketropic wrote:all the slag terms we use on a regular basis
:shock:

miketropic wrote:alot of our words sound the same
Homophones in English but Homophone in American is most likely a San Franciscan's cell.

:lol:
JBALLY

Post by JBALLY »

I already have a fatsia spiders web but it was from amulree and is very small and would like to know if anyone has a source for plants of a reasonable size ( larger than 4 inch ) because the other fatsia I have bought plain green, annelise and variegata have been a lot bigger, round about 18 -24 inch on average and I know other people have been able to get hold of spiders web that are bigger than mine, not that I am jealous or anything.
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

GoggleboxUK wrote:
miketropic wrote:all the slag terms we use on a regular basis
:shock:

miketropic wrote:alot of our words sound the same
Homophones in English but Homophone in American is most likely a San Franciscan's cell.

:lol:

Have you ever been to the state? you seem like you would fit in just fine :lol: . I do my best not to use slang terms when I type so that everyone understands what I am saying but if anyone ever came over here and just listened to 3 people having a conversation they would pull there hair out. I used to have some mexican friends at work and I would do my best to teach them english but the more they would listen to people talk the worse it got.
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

JBALLY wrote:I already have a fatsia spiders web but it was from amulree and is very small and would like to know if anyone has a source for plants of a reasonable size ( larger than 4 inch ) because the other fatsia I have bought plain green, annelise and variegata have been a lot bigger, round about 18 -24 inch on average and I know other people have been able to get hold of spiders web that are bigger than mine, not that I am jealous or anything.

duchy get them in periodically.

i have had two from them after the mini cutting i got from amulree keeled over.
Springy

Post by Springy »

JBALLY wrote:I already have a fatsia spiders web but it was from amulree and is very small and would like to know if anyone has a source for plants of a reasonable size ( larger than 4 inch ) because the other fatsia I have bought plain green, annelise and variegata have been a lot bigger, round about 18 -24 inch on average and I know other people have been able to get hold of spiders web that are bigger than mine, not that I am jealous or anything.
I got mine from my local Hilliers garden centre. They had loads of them and they were really healthy and probably 18" tall max. I don't know if you have a branch close to you though. £9.00 each
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

GoggleboxUK wrote:Here are some pics of mine, here's theone I can't see at the moment because the panels are in the greenhouse:

I note some damage to the Fatsia leaves in the small red pot. Some of my younger plants had Moth Caterpillars eating the younger leaves this autumn till I caught and happily squashed them. Nothing seems to eat the larger leaves, am guessing that they get thicker and are less attractive to insects. Never seen slugs or snails on Fastia, yet!
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Took this one at Ness Gardens yersterday.
Attachments
share.jpeg
share.jpeg (179 KiB) Viewed 1218 times