Just a little fortuni

miketropic

Just a little fortuni

Post by miketropic »

Got this in the other day from ebay. the guy had a bunch of them and was wanting to unload them cheap. I took one in a 5 ltr pot to see how it looked.. roots are comming out the bottom of the pot. at only £6 it was a bargain. I might get a few more from him when it warms up a bit

kata

Re: Just a little fortuni

Post by kata »

I have some three little troupers Mike from somewhere,

When snow is gone I need three id's on my small Trachis.

Looked at my shop folder and found this.

Trachycarpus wagnerianus hybride. That was from;
Der Palmenmann® GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Knappe
Neptunstr. 13
44388 Dortmund
Fax: (02305) 3599843
eMail: [email protected]
4.50€

This was no bargain, no idea where it is either, probably one that needs that i.d.

1 x Trachycarpus takil kalamuni (1lt) = £9.50
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: £9.50
UK Delivery Charge (city link): £8.70
Total: £18.20

:ahhh!:

The other was from Redsquirrel, now that was a bargain. :lol:

Yours was quite a bargain Mike, well done!

icon_cheers
flounder

Post by flounder »

Good price Mike. I bet a few more of those will appear in your garden, its not like you don't have room! :wink:
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

haveing all that room is the problem..I get that overwhelming feeling that I need to fill it all up...then I get that puppy at the pound thing where every sick plant I see I need to rescue :lol: I'm sure I will order a few more from him when it warms..these next few nights are suppose to be bitter cold...then its back to shipping palm trees icon_salut
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

That is a real bargain!
flounder

Post by flounder »

Mike, I remember you mentioned in another post about not knowing where to start in such a large garden. My advice is to section it off in to manageable plots, then work on each one in turn. That shouldn't seem so daunting then and any purchases you make, won't look lost icon_thumleft
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

well I get this scatter brain effect going on...mostly looking at the UK gardens..I will be ready to work on this tropical corner..then I see googlebox and his ruins theme and I'm like oh well lets do somthing a bit more jungle feel...then I see somthing and its time for a cacti corner :lol: ..I'll get there soon enough.. now that I think I have it all figured out the wife says she wants to move icon_scratch
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

miketropic wrote: at only £6 it was a bargain.
£6? icon_scratch I thought you used $$ in the USA? icon_moneyeyes :bomb:
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

we do use $$ and degrees F but since Im the outsider on this board I figured I would convert it over and make it easy...now a hardy tropicals US board, ur gunna have to do some convertions cus that whole F to C stuff still has me messed up :lol: it was about $10 us
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

When converting from $ to £, you need to remember to add on £40 for bank currency transaction charges and then an extra 20% for the 'Rip-off Britain' effect icon_aaargh