Bad fence panels

Sal73

Bad fence panels

Post by Sal73 »

Just back from New Zealand and while I was there I`ve noticed the way they are building them fences
can you actually belive? while we are protecting them and pay as much as £2/1 per cm they are building fences over there :lol:

Not the best fences overall , they start to growing back .

fern Rob

Re: Bad fence panels

Post by fern Rob »

I want that fence. I think it's great I just wish some where not dead. :D
JBALLY

Post by JBALLY »

It looks cool and it makes an interesting fence but none of them look really healthy and all look very dry, imagine what they would look like spread out in a damp woodland setting in the picture of health, it would look amazing even though they are very abundant over there it still seems a "waste of potential" to me (as my teacher used to quote).
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Unfortunately people always see native plants as weeds :(
JBALLY

Post by JBALLY »

I have a quite a few native plants in my garden but I know what your saying.
bordersboy

Post by bordersboy »

Amazin.Bottom fence must be very old to have such big regrowth. Ive got to put my dead ones to use now after seeing that. icon_thumleft
Springy

Post by Springy »

I'm a fencer for a living and I never take my work home with me. If I worked over there I'd always be taking my work home with me! :lol: :lol:
Sal73

Post by Sal73 »

you can even make a nice shed out of it

in case you run out,just go to the nearest forest and cut few more ....they reach easely 7 meters

JBALLY

Post by JBALLY »

Now your last picture is just the business icon_thumleft
Sal73

Post by Sal73 »

Those are my favorite , they look like a mini version of the tree fern , seen few at 4 feet high , but love the multi head .

will post more picture .

fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

It seems a waste to kill tree ferns for a garage
Sal73

Post by Sal73 »

Seen worst over there , entire forest have been poisoned just to kill non native tree that where taking over
plus many forests have been sold for the use of woods , seen tons of tree fern just cutted down and let them die under the buldozer.
A real paradise for fern lovers , every forest I`ve seen had different ferns , didn`t even know about tree fern like the siver fern .
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Sal73 wrote:Seen worst over there , entire forest have been poisoned just to kill non native tree that where taking over
plus many forests have been sold for the use of woods , seen tons of tree fern just cutted down and let them die under the buldozer.
A real paradise for fern lovers , every forest I`ve seen had different ferns , didn`t even know about tree fern like the siver fern .
If I went over there I would come back with a million containers full of them :lol:. It seems a shame that they are just left to die after all the years they took to grow :? When things like that happen the should make it easier to export rather than all the paperwork and regulations :D
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Was the intention to make a fence, or a hedge. :?: Seems they have ended up with a fedge :lol:

The thing is humans use whatever materials are abundant. We cut down trees and make fences with wood, but if tree ferns were more common than trees and were easier to cut down and move about. I'm sure we would have treefern fences here.

Familiarity, breeds contempt, as they say :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by fern Rob »

It makes you wonder if they planted them all crown up or not.