Been Shopping. Show your Knicnacks in your garden thread.

Deedee

Re: Been Shopping. Show your Nicnacks in your garden thread.

Post by Deedee »

Trudytropics wrote:Deedee which TK Max did you visit?, fancy those buddha heads, I have a wall they would fit on, particularly like the gold one :D
Kingston Park Trudy but there wasn't a gold one, just the grey one but hub said just spray it :mrgreen: There was some lovely things, sitting Buddahs as well, the female ones..
Trudytropics

Re: Been Shopping. Show your Knicnacks in your garden thread

Post by Trudytropics »

Thanks Deedee icon_thumleft I have to go to Next tomoz to return something, I'll visit that one Deedee, do Homebase and Matalan too :DD
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Hay, Happy Shopping Trudy icon_cheers
GoggleboxUK

Re: Been Shopping.

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Deedee wrote:
GoggleboxUK wrote:
Deedee wrote:Thanks Tropicalwon and Dim, ill check out your link, I love Poundland..
Thanks Gogs, what a good idea, TKMax had a great Buddah Head £19.99, it was very heavy, the sort you screw onto walls or fences but i had spent enough today, anyway i couldn't lift it :mrgreen: must of been made of concrete..
I'll check those out Dee, might be ideal to fix to my fence and let the Cematis grow around it.

;)
Found a pic Gogs, added above but here it is again as prob posted at the same time..
These are from here, the same as TXmax Buddah heads..
http://www.geoffs-garden-ornaments.co.uk/buddhas.html#

Thanks Trudy, Ill find somewhere to put them :mrgreen: I wish i bought the Buddah head :mrgreen:
I am going to spend all the money I am not spending on plants this year at this website, some fantastic stuff!

Thanks Dee :DD

icon_cheers
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

I seem to remember posting a link to Geoffs site about 18 months ago. Was particularly interested in the full sized Bronze Buddha for £139. I didn`t get round to ordering one in the end due to a lack of funds but i`ve still not seen them cheaper on any other website. They`ve added a lot more items to their site since then.
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

I bookmarked this last year gogs intending to buy a Buddah wall hanging but never did, Some great stuff at great prices, just saw the Buddah wall plaque at £34.99 inc delivery, Maybe an early birthday present to hint for :D
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Andy P wrote:I seem to remember posting a link to Geoffs site about 18 months ago. Was particularly interested in the full sized Bronze Buddha for £139. I didn`t get round to ordering one in the end due to a lack of funds but i`ve still not seen them cheaper on any other website. They`ve added a lot more items to their site since then.
I think i bookmarked the Link from you Andy, I totally agree about prices, very reasonable and beautifull Statues. Thanks icon_thumleft
Deedee

Re: Been Shopping. Show your Nicnacks in your garden thread.

Post by Deedee »

Tom2006 wrote:I have only bought dahlia tubers and a few canna seeds so far. Normally I would have bought a lot more but the weather is just putting me off. I do fancy getting a few flame type lanterns/candles this year and a fire pit.
I haven't started any seeds off yet or checked if my Daliah tubers survived yet Tom :( Its like December up here.. I think a fire pit would be great, I ve allways fancied one icon_thumright

Trudy mentioned costco so i checked it out, Look at these.

Ethanol Real flame Fires :shock:

http://www.costco.co.uk/view/category/u ... ,cos_9.4.2
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Deedee wrote:I bookmarked this last year gogs intending to buy a Buddah wall hanging but never did, Some great stuff at great prices, just saw the Buddah wall plaque at £34.99 inc delivery, Maybe an early birthday present to hint for :D
I'm going to get one of those large Buddha wall hangers and the pair of Dancing Buddha plaques to start with.

After that I'll have to have a good measure up to see what would fit where, I'm fast running out of space but love the idea of large stone sculptures being half hidden behind greenery and foliage.

;)
kata

Post by kata »

I just went into the kitchen Kata and the lanterns are flickering
Great, wait till some good hot sun hits them all day Dee...magic.. :mrgreen:

Mine were put on a shelf out front to grab the daylight and I got about three hours of changing colors without sun.

I just got a QVC rebate so I feel another set coming on already.... :lol: :lol:

We have a Costco here but I find it hellish expensive.

icon_sunny icon_sunny
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

I thought Costco was expensive Kata, I wont be applying for a card :mrgreen:

These one's Gogs..

I fancy one of these..

kata

Post by kata »

I want a Budda, my last one crumbled,

For the lounge this time.

Yea Dee, when I first went to Costco I could'nt believe the food prices let alone electricals.
:lol: :lol:

Your a agreat gardner. Where will I buy a tin planter, good quality for my fern when it gets here?

Thanks!
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

kata wrote:I want a Budda, my last one crumbled,

For the lounge this time.

Yea Dee, when I first went to Costco I could'nt believe the food prices let alone electricals.
:lol: :lol:

Your a agreat gardner. Where will I buy a tin planter, good quality for my fern when it gets here?

Thanks!
Cheers Kata, what shape planter, do you mean the square one's? Modern style.. Wilkinsons have some nice ones. I see they are doing Bright orange and Lime green this year! Ill do a bit researching, gonna try my new stuff in the garden :mrgreen: The sun just came out icon_sunny
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

They're the ones Dee, I think they'll look great. Might even bling them up a bit with some black and gold spray paint ;)

I like the one you want too but the site doesn't give depth measurements so I don't know whether it would block access down the path from the gate. If it's too big I wouldn't get my wheely bin past it for recycling garden waste.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Well been to TK Maxx today, wow some bargains to be had, but left empty handed :lol: , I tried picking up one of the Buddha head wall fittings and nearly had a hernia, you were not kidding Deedee when you said they were heavy, blooming heck. Anyway I was'nt keen on the grey/concrete ones, but loved all the lanterns.

After TK Maxx went to Cowells and got myself one of the sitting Buddhas like Goggle has, well chuffed with it although paid considerably more than Goggles bargains.

A word on Costco, anyone thinking of joining let me tell you its well worth it :DD Although the website does look expensive I agree, the absolute bargains in store are brilliant. Yesterday for example large Photinias £12.99 each, similar today in Wyevale £29.99. Loads of garden related stuff, furniture pots etc all a bit unusual and very well priced. Also the quality of stuff at Costco is second to none, food is superb, we always spend a fortune :lol: Just one example, my best friend is turning 50 in a couple of weeks, I thought I'd make her a hamper of goodies including a bottle of pink champagne drunken_smilie1 Tesco Lanson champagne on Friday £37.99, I bought exactly the same one at Costco yesterday £27.99. If anyone is thinking about joining I'd really recommend, we bulk buy all toilet rolls, kitchen rolls, soap power, bin bags etc etc.