Where to get a good shed from?

Tom2006

Where to get a good shed from?

Post by Tom2006 »

I am going to replace my 6' x 8' cheap B&Q shed this year. Its 7 years old and I want a much more solid one with glass in the roof or one side so I can use like a potting shed. I might reduce the size slightly to a 5x7. Has anyone ordered one online and if so from where please? thanks
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
pdid

Re: Where to get a good shed from?

Post by pdid »

I bought from this seller on ebay. http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/urban-forestt ... 7675.l2559

They delivered and erected, can`t fault for the price. Delivery was £60.
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Buy your self a new saw and build it your self. You will get just what you want for the price you want. Don't forget the box of plasters. :roll: icon_thumright
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

jungle jas wrote:Buy your self a new saw and build it your self. You will get just what you want for the price you want. Don't forget the box of plasters. :roll: icon_thumright
Seconded...........
I'd never buy off the shelf. Get a load of treated timber in and build it yourself. You can build a much better, stronger shed for a fraction of the money................pop down this arvo and you can borrow my nail gun, kettles on .. :lol:
rufc15lizzie

Post by rufc15lizzie »

I got my potting shed from here last summer.

http://www.summergardenbuildings.co.uk/ ... 08066.html

It uses glass for the windows rather than plastic (which most other places sold) and had decent felting for the roof.

The only negative thing was the finish of the stain they painted it with was shocking, but i wasn't worried as i was painting it myself anyway.

I have been really pleased with it

Post by pdid »

In an ideal world I would have built my own too but after pricing up materials and time (which I don't have with work and 2 young children) the price wasn't far from what I paid.
bordersboy

Post by bordersboy »

Tiger sheds look good. Im thinking of altering my knackered floorless pentshed into a diy bodge potting shed,should be fun or a nightmare :ahhh!:
joolz68

Post by joolz68 »

I got my potting shed form tiger sheds,cant fault the quality but no idea on all their sheds
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

got mine from here, custom specced out with no windows and security door etc

http://www.castlebuildings.co.uk/gardensheds.htm
tropicalwon

Post by tropicalwon »

Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:
jungle jas wrote:Buy your self a new saw and build it your self. You will get just what you want for the price you want. Don't forget the box of plasters. :roll: icon_thumright
Seconded...........
I'd never buy off the shelf. Get a load of treated timber in and build it yourself. You can build a much better, stronger shed for a fraction of the money................pop down this arvo and you can borrow my nail gun, kettles on .. :lol:
Thirded..........

Got most of mine/parts from one of these...
Skip.jpg
Skip.jpg (4.51 KiB) Viewed 1474 times
Corrugated iron for roof and unseen back--Sides made from old exterior grade ply and old pallets etc etc........then it was preserved then brush wood screening applied to make it blend into the garden surroundings.....
JBALLY

Post by JBALLY »

If you buy a potting shed then make sure the floor is real solid wood lengths also the roof either tongue and groove or again real wood planks as this shows quality and if it is only a plywood roof and you get a leak it usually sags were real timber will not and it will last a lot longer. Also make sure if you can that the tongue and groove cladding is as thick as possible along with the inside frame work and supports, some sheds are built very lightly and are not very strong if possible have a look in person.
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:
Seconded...........
Thanks but I always use screws, much quieter than all that thumping. :lol: icon_thumright
Rabbie

Post by Rabbie »

Finished building a floorless potting shed a few weeks back 3400mm x 2400mm will get an image up at the week end. An easy 6m run of growing space, just got to get started on building the 6 meters of staging now. icon_rabbit
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Thanks for the great response. I would love to get out there and build my own but I just simply don't have the time with three young children. I will take on board all the advice and have a good look at the links provided. icon_thumleft
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
flounder

Post by flounder »

Build it yourself. You have slave labour readily available don't you? get the kids involved, make a pictorial record of their help...just don't let them near the power toys or let them play with pointy objects