Not happy with what I saw today?

JakoMonster

Re: Not happy with what I saw today?

Post by JakoMonster »

That's not good Billdango i would be annoyedicon_thumbdown, Musa are a big NO NO here on the sea front too windy lol, i did my little bit & donated one my CIPDs to worthing council :) i don't see why the council don't plant more palms here in the seafront, public areas and public gardens i mean the south is sunny and mild and they grow great here. i went down to Bournemouth to visit family member few months ago & the council planting there is great, tons of palm in public gardens & areas nice & exotic looking, just wish they make the effort here, most of the palm & exotics you see here are on peoples own gardens.. oh & I like Cordylines but they the most common exotic plant planted in public areas i think it's because peopl think there palms...
Westport007

Post by Westport007 »

thats terrible,ok ya there not that colourful or native but there different from usual annuals you see growing in parks.They a bit like the councils in this country-getting rid of anything that looks good and replacing it with crappe.
jezza

Post by jezza »

billdango wrote:
So many parks and gardens are still run by old fuddy duddys who are stuck in the days of Percy Thrower and can't think beyond rows of pansies and wallflowers.
That's the case here and the main park is crammed with annuals and nothing else. There's two raised beds smack bang in the middle of the high street that have stood empty since the december 2010 weather killed the large cordylines that used to be in them. They are now full of weeds. I actually offered to take them over but the council refused saying they were sponsored by local businesses, but local businesses aren't interested. So you'd think they'd appreciate someone taking them off their hands, but no icon_scratch
kata

Post by kata »

Happened here Bill,

Took a walk one day to the park and I was amazed by the lovely flower beds and in them amongst the flowers were CI_DPS, they looked fantastic. I walked back in autumn and they had gone.

It must be a once only summer design thing.

:(
jezza

Post by jezza »

kata wrote:Happened here Bill,

Took a walk one day to the park and I was amazed by the lovely flower beds and in them amongst the flowers were CI_DPS, they looked fantastic. I walked back in autumn and they had gone.

It must be a once only summer design thing.

:(
Or some butter nicked em :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

In Wigan Jez...nononono my dear we never harbour thieves here........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In my old bungalow, old town I had some nice lights in the walled border. I was missing lights when I went to bed and could'nt sleep for wondering if my lights had not come on.

In the morning I was left no option than to call the police for a theft of my lights. Apparently they had gone into an empty house garden back to my bungalow and hooked out the lights. :( :( :(

Here at least no one steals your stuff.

icon_sunny
billdango

Post by billdango »

Its just as bad here Kata?

We consider we've had a good day if when you get up in the morning your wheels are still on your car.

But back on topic,
I will be checking out Southampton parks in a few days to see if anything has changed or any new exotics have been planted or removed.

Will do a post on what I find in a week or two.

billdango icon_sunny