EX Ukoasis lurker

nicebutdim

EX Ukoasis lurker

Post by nicebutdim »

Hi I've been a watcher of this forum for a while and glad to see it hasn't unearthed any large egos ,either from a moderator who shall be nameless ,just like Davy Crockett,who knows he's right 'cos he ain't never been wrong.There is a nice atmosphere here and it seems if someone has a different view to the moderator it isn't the end of the world.The need to cringe and grovel around him doesn't apply.
It seemed to me the demise of that forum was self inflicted,noticing it first a while back, when a lady who I subsequently met, had the temerity to post a Google page about a spotty palm.The nasty atmosphere her action created was unbelievable.She only did it in response to the moderator a paul someone saying I don't know what Google you are looking at etc so she showed him....BIG MISTAKE

Unbelievably a group of syncophants attempted to excuse this behaviour by claiming there were behind the scenes emails which did not exist.

Anyway a new forum,to me anyway so let us all learn from this and stick to plants.
grub

Post by grub »

ah nicebutdim welcome, spotted you lurking a while ago, its very friendly here :)
Mark

Post by Mark »

Welcome NBD . This forum has a much more friendlier feel to it than UKO . We all like a laugh on here but we all take our plants seriously too.

Am i correct in thinking you were from Iver heath ?
Palmer

Post by Palmer »

Nice to have you aboard :)
daz

Post by daz »

Hi mate...daz
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi nbd, and welcome 8)

There are always going to be differences of opinion, but if everyone respects the right to differ, and acts courtiously, It remains a much happier place. :D 8)
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by MarkD »

Hi and welcome NBD :)
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Welcome NBD. Where are you based, what plants are you particularly fond of?
lucienc

Post by lucienc »

Welcome to HTuk
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

Hi NBD, everytime I see your handle I can't help picturing Harry Enfield. Do you look anything like his character? :wink:
EandE

Re: EX Ukoasis lurker

Post by EandE »

nicebutdim wrote:Unbelievably a group of syncophants attempted to excuse this behaviour by claiming there were behind the scenes emails which did not exist.

Anyway a new forum,to me anyway so let us all learn from this and stick to plants.
Some people just can't let it lie!!! Hello Dim.
bodster

Post by bodster »

Hi Dim. Welcome to the chatty forum :)
Libby

Post by Libby »

Hi from me too :D
Darren Turner

Post by Darren Turner »

Hello NBD (dons hat in a cheery manner).
Mark

Post by Mark »

Why have you got Dons hat ? :lol: