Musa AeAe corm

The Codfather

Re: Musa AeAe corm

Post by The Codfather »

Stunning plant........I hope yu keep it going.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Ought to like the coming heatwave, but what will you do about UV7 index sunshine forecast?
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

the first pic where it looks like dirt all over it looks to be lack of nutrients but the second pic looks like sun burn. its going to happen anyways so you might as well put it outside. struttgarts do it to. looks a mess but yo can enjoy the new leaves for awhile
Mick B

Post by Mick B »

Thanks for the info Mike. Still in the shed at the moment, but will place outside now to enjoy our brief summer spell!
Will keep in the shade. Now feeding with seaweed extract.

Did you manage to get one yourself Mike?
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

I did...then I traded it for a 5lb amorph titanum tuber...now I want one again. I have a solid connection for one or a tanee its the money issue really. give that thing a splash of wood ash mixed in water and a bit vinegar to add some acid and it should take off crazy and stop the browning on the leaves.
bananaking29

Post by bananaking29 »

Hi,

Here is my Aeae very nice plant icon_thumright
rps20130710_125305.jpg
rps20130710_125305.jpg (19.59 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
rps20130710_125018.jpg
rps20130710_125018.jpg (25.26 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
rps20130710_124904.jpg
rps20130710_124904.jpg (37.46 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
gabriel

Post by gabriel »

Hi Mick.
Any updates on your aeae. Is it sailing through this winter ok?
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

I am we'll jealous.....
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

The Codfather wrote:I am we'll jealous.....
Ditto
Mick B

Post by Mick B »

Hi all,

Aeae ticking over nicely in the kitchen (just took it outside for a quick airing, misting and photo shoot). Not as pampered as last winter, looking a bit tatty at the moment, although a new roller is slowly emerging. The roots have now filled up the 7.5L pot.

Should take off this summer now the roots have established. Pups due this year? Who knows! Baby Oleg's!

Might need a bigger kitchen next winter!

Mick. :D
Attachments
aeae2.jpg
pdid

Post by pdid »

Nice, If you run out of kitchen I've got about 14ft of head space in the conservatory which she could happliy grow into :lol:

And if you do get a few Baby Oleg's i'll happily buy one off you.
gabriel

Post by gabriel »

Very nice Mick. Do you keep it on a heat mat?
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Mick, how dare you take a picture of a distinctly less than tatty Musa ae ae outside in your garden in the middle of January! Those in HTUK that have not imploded with demented jealousy have been left sobbing hysterically and uncontrollably as their superlative efforts to achieve exotic nirvana have completely upstaged by your bold outrageous statement. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, though, I doubt anyone could top this achievement. Congratulations, Mick icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

Im not sure if I would expect pups but it is doing well for you. seems over here they pup more around the 8ft mark but with the mild summers there it could shock it into pups.
Mick B

Post by Mick B »

gabriel wrote:Very nice Mick. Do you keep it on a heat mat?
Hi Gabriel,

No, not this year as less pampered. Just ticking over in the far corner of my kitchen, small amount of warm rainwater in bottom tray once every 2 weeks or so.
miketropic wrote:Im not sure if I would expect pups but it is doing well for you. seems over here they pup more around the 8ft mark but with the mild summers there it could shock it into pups.
Probably right Mike, pseudostem is only about 2ft at the mo. With the more established roots I am hoping it may push 6ft this year. Will need to repot later as well.