Musa Basjoo bargain ?

TonyJ

Musa Basjoo bargain ?

Post by TonyJ »

Hi - A very rare post from a lurking member....
Just had an e-mail pop up from Gardening Express which may interest anyone looking for some cheap Basjoos -

SPECIAL DEAL - Musa basjoo - Hardy Japanese Banana - Pack of Three

SAVE £25 - USUAL PRICE £29.95 Per Three - TODAY JUST £4.95

This is a fantastic, magnificent 5ft tall tree delivered in beautiful bud and bursting in to bloom.

This Japanese banana has striking foliage - displaying large bright green leaves that arch upwards from a main stem. A fantastic architectural banana plant will create a great impact in any garden!

It will bring a tropical atmosphere to your garden, and may even produce fruit.
The flowers are creamy yellow with large brown bracts and are arranged on a pendant spike.
Behind the flowers the small inedible bananas form.

It is a perennial although the top will die down in winter, and it will do best if offered some winter protection. Forming a dense bush with thick, fan like leaves spreading gloriously out through the air, it will create wonderful shadows on your patio. Hailing from Japan, it loves sunshine but it is reputedly hardy to -10°C, and can take many positions growing in the UK climate!

The 'Japanese Hardy Banana' is also brilliant if planted into a large pot and will create a real tropical feel to your garden.

Pack of three strong leafy plants supplied at around 40-60cms tall in approx 9cms pots.

UNBEATABLE VALUE! Price Check (correct at time of publication)

Our usual price 29.95 for three, today just 4.95 - Save £25!! Whilst stocks last!!

SPECIAL DEAL - Musa basjoo - Hardy Japanese Banana - Pack of 3 - NOW Just £4.95 > BUY NOW
Blairs

Re: Musa Basjoo bargain ?

Post by Blairs »

Good price for them Tony.

P&P is £7.99.

They have a Karo Kiri cordyline for sale for £19.99 - my garden is too wet in winter for them though (I think)

http://www.gardeningexpress.co.uk/Cordy ... _Karo_Kiri
flounder

Post by flounder »

Always makes me laugh the way gardening express sing up plants. 'Delivered in beautiful bud and bursting into bloom' Not bad for being grown in 9cm pots!
I'd be disappointed if it only got to 5ft as well.
Still, not a bad price(with post) if you can't wait for Lidl to knock 'em out at 4 quid each
grub

Post by grub »

I opted to order 10, postage was still £7-95. E-bay here I come. :lol:
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

grub wrote:I opted to order 10, postage was still £7-95. E-bay here I come. :lol:
Good idea sir!
grub

Post by grub »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater They're here and larger than expected icon_thumleft
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

grub wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater They're here and larger than expected icon_thumleft

wow! I ordered 6 and hope they are like those!
dino

Post by dino »

Fantastic buy icon_salut
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

I ordered 3 and they arrived today! about 12" max with 2 small leave's. They are planted and i would be happy if they got to 5ft but i bet they dont..

Yours are belta grub icon_thumleft
grub

Post by grub »

Deedee wrote:I ordered 3 and they arrived today! about 12" max with 2 small leave's. They are planted and i would be happy if they got to 5ft but i bet they dont..

Yours are belta grub icon_thumleft
I was going to order some more but think I'll wait until I know how big everyone elses are in that case, looks like I might have been lucky... :?
lee1125

Post by lee1125 »

Mine arrived today, not as big as grubs - still ok for the price though :)
Attachments
11.jpg
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

There small in comparison icon_scratch
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

Mine came today and they are the same size as Lee's - am guessing they gave you the larger ones Grub!