Slow down on the feed.

Panama Pete

Re: Slow down on the feed.

Post by Panama Pete »

Ive ran out of feed now so just watering. Tesco is selling off miracle gro etc if anybody buys on offer these days.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Dave Brown wrote:
sanatic1234 wrote:I have already stopped. I ran out of chicken pellets and miracle early last week and not going to bother buying anymore this year so late on in the season might as well wait till next year now. :-)
Aaron. look around over the next couple of months. You may get bargains as corporate chains sell off unsold stock :wink:
I shall keep an eye out for any Dave. Thank you for letting me know. :-)
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Not just yet for me. After mid-September I'll check 30 day forecasts and slow it down accordingly. Sunny Octobers with little wind can still make my suntraps cook and keep heat-lovers active.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

I still think I will feed the tree ferns more until the end of September, especially my Medullaris.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

fern Rob wrote:I still think I will feed the tree ferns more until the end of September, especially my Medullaris.
Mine seems to be sending up more now than during the rest of the summer! icon_scratch
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Tom2006 wrote:
fern Rob wrote:I still think I will feed the tree ferns more until the end of September, especially my Medullaris.
Mine seems to be sending up more now than during the rest of the summer! icon_scratch
My Dicksonia antarctica are, they stalled for a bit then have started sending 3 or 4 per plant.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

fern Rob wrote:
Tom2006 wrote:
My Dicksonia antarctica are, they stalled for a bit then have started sending 3 or 4 per plant.
My Dicksonia are all behaving differently. One is none stop flushing. One, a Seagraves is sending the odd frond up and my other three are doing nothing since the first flush. icon_scratch
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

All my Dicksonia antarctica are flushing, the Australis are slowing down and Dealbata is flushing but the Medullaris are slow.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Also one of my D Squarrosa are flushing three at a time, it was completely defoliated last winter.
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

I ran out of feed yesterday, banana and normal so I guess I'm done for the season.
daftbanana

Post by daftbanana »

All mine have had Growmore this year and seem to have done very well on it, I like the idea of just occasionally adding feed that will break down gradually and feed over quite a long period all by itself - constant watering with Miracle Gro is too much like hard work for me! I can still see granules in patio pots so I won't be adding anymore to anything this year now. Btw, best year for my New Zealand Purple Castors this year, their touching 7ft tall now.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

The granuales you can still see are more than likely empty pod's!. I prefer liquid feed version of miracle grow. karl.