Yes we are the main cause of global warming

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: Yes we are the main cause of global warming

Post by Dave Brown »

Conifers wrote:
allangreenbean wrote: All my electricity and gas comes from renewable sources
How can you know that, without having separate power lines and pipes not connected to the national grid? I'd strongly suspect it gets mixed up with all the non-sustainable energy from other sources.
Have to agree there Conifers, as I have seen TV ads of energy suppliers claiming to be 'greener' than others, but you can only switch who you pay, not where it comes from. :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Nathan »

I do as much as I can to try & offset my carbon footprint, have looked into solar panels for the roof too. It is up to everyone to do their bit icon_thumright
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

we arent the main cause, China and USA are.

As this is 'Hardy Tropicals UK' and not 'Hardy Tropicals The World' I would say we are in the clear

icon_cheers
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

fieldfest wrote:we arent the main cause, China and USA are.

As this is 'Hardy Tropicals UK' and not 'Hardy Tropicals The World' I would say we are in the clear

icon_cheers
Nope. In terms of per capita, we're far worse than China, and nearly as bad as the USA. Very definitely not in the clear.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Dave Brown wrote:
I think people need to make up their mind what they want. I hear all year about how "we must to something to stop global warming", then they complain about how cold it gets in winter whacking the heating up so they don't feel it.
Dave, the problem for the UK is unusual in that global warming means greenland blocking and colder longer winters. For us a drop in CO2 will have a warming effect.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Conifers wrote:

icon_cheers
Nope. In terms of per capita, we're far worse than China, and nearly as bad as the USA. Very definitely not in the clear.
Not true, as of most recent figures China was rising rapidly and the UK falling slowly. I would not be surprised if ours was now below China, which is shocking , because with the Chinese population at over 1 billion a rapid rising CO2 output is a massive MASSIVE problem, as to the USA they are just a selfish and disgusting race as far as CO2 goes, they are most able to afford to reduce it and just care about money.
Dim

Post by Dim »

governments will never release free energy systems as oil makes big bucks ....

(a bit of swearing on there, but not much more than on national television)

thats just one example .... the guy was offered a billion dollars to sell his patent to Saudi.... he refused and got 'snuffed'... the CIA confiscated all his equipment soon after and we have never heard again of this... his technology worked

whats sad, is that one of my clients is an American teacher who works on a USA airbase nearby .... she fills her tank with petrol on base for under 30 US cents per litre?

governments need money and oil is an easy way to tax the 'sheeple'... there is a lot more advanced 'free' energy systems available, but its being 'surpressed' ....

Nikola Tesla was just one of the inventors of this technology .... he also died 'mysteriously'

so, if governments are really concerned about 'global warming' ... why dont they release the 'free energy systems'?
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Nigel wrote:
Conifers wrote:

icon_cheers
Not true, as of most recent figures China was rising rapidly and the UK falling slowly. I would not be surprised if ours was now below China, which is shocking , because with the Chinese population at over 1 billion a rapid rising CO2 output is a massive MASSIVE problem, as to the USA they are just a selfish and disgusting race as far as CO2 goes, they are most able to afford to reduce it and just care about money.
It is true; UK at #43, China at #55. That there's over a billion people in China doesn't affect the per-person output. Agree over the USA (#12), though - but look at those Gulf states! Also Australia at #11 needs to do more.
flounder

Post by flounder »

Dim wrote:governments will never release free energy systems as oil makes big bucks ....

(a bit of swearing on there, but not much more than on national television)

thats just one example .... the guy was offered a billion dollars to sell his patent to Saudi.... he refused and got 'snuffed'... the CIA confiscated all his equipment soon after and we have never heard again of this... his technology worked

whats sad, is that one of my clients is an American teacher who works on a USA airbase nearby .... she fills her tank with petrol on base for under 30 US cents per litre?

governments need money and oil is an easy way to tax the 'sheeple'... there is a lot more advanced 'free' energy systems available, but its being 'surpressed' ....

Nikola Tesla was just one of the inventors of this technology .... he also died 'mysteriously'

so, if governments are really concerned about 'global warming' ... why dont they release the 'free energy systems'?
Extracting the H2 from the O is nothing new, neither are the conspiracy theories surrounding the untimely deaths of inventors whose research could help to alleviate the consequences of fossil fuels. Rudolph Diesel was found floating in the North Sea. I understand his original compression ignition engine was developed to run on peanut oil so adding fuel as it were, to the heavy oil sales element.
Yes, oil companies/car manufacturers know of technology which will reduce emissions to virtually zero but it's like that eastern european pole vaulter who kept breaking his own world record 2 inches at a time. He received money for each record
eddie

Post by eddie »

I wouldn't mind driving on hydrogen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_Hydrogen_7

only 5.6 mpg though, sounds not so economical, but hey the technology needs to be developed further

or this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EOIqiRnvxU
Washingtonia Trachycarpus Cordyline? Bamboos Olive tree? Bananas
Rabbie

Post by Rabbie »

Global warming is forever being played up as bad, but I cant help but think its a good thing in the long run. On a local level if the sea level raised 6m it would mostly be the well of with coastal property that would suffer, the poorer inner citys could be easly moved up hill and in all likely hood it would improve their standard of living. A temperature increase would be good for farming, with all changes comes opportunity.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Rabbie wrote:Global warming is forever being played up as bad, but I cant help but think its a good thing in the long run. On a local level if the sea level raised 6m it would mostly be the well of with coastal property that would suffer, the poorer inner citys could be easly moved up hill and in all likely hood it would improve their standard of living. A temperature increase would be good for farming, with all changes comes opportunity.
Portsmouth for the most part isn't a 'well off' city & if sea levels rose by 6 metres most of the city would be underwater. Not all places by the sea are full of rich people with 2nd homes or holiday cottages...
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Rabbie wrote:Global warming is forever being played up as bad, but I cant help but think its a good thing in the long run. On a local level if the sea level raised 6m it would mostly be the well of with coastal property that would suffer, the poorer inner citys could be easly moved up hill and in all likely hood it would improve their standard of living. A temperature increase would be good for farming, with all changes comes opportunity.
Fancy trying to rehouse 100 million people from Bangladesh?
Dim

Post by Dim »

eddie wrote:I wouldn't mind driving on hydrogen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_Hydrogen_7

only 5.6 mpg though, sounds not so economical, but hey the technology needs to be developed further

or this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EOIqiRnvxU
[media]dIz29JHJmMk[/meda]
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Dim wrote:[media]dIz29JHJmMk[/meda]
Typo :wink: , try this: