2*c and 3*c on 3rd and 4th November !

cordyman

2*c and 3*c on 3rd and 4th November !

Post by cordyman »

Time to bring in the Ensetes and Aroids I think :lol: ah well it had to end sooner or later icon_scratch

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643123
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: 2*c and 3*c on Sunday and Monday!

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Ditto which could mean -3!
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Similarly it is possible temperatures could fall at or below 0C for a short time this week. The temperatures might rarely go below -5C in most winters, but it's still not what I would call mild here, and 0C is quite frequent in early winter.
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

you all are only a couple weeks behind! we have had our first freeze but it has warmed back up since..projected another cold spell over the weekend and then warm once again
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

Mike - depends on where in the UK you are.

Only a low of 5C forecast for London and warmer after the few cool days. A low of 14C on Wednesday night :) Tonight I'm going away (to Brazil :)) for 9 days, and I'm going to leave everything unprotected.
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

otorongo wrote:Mike - depends on where in the UK you are.

Only a low of 5C forecast for London and warmer after the few cool days. A low of 14C on Wednesday night :) Tonight I'm going away (to Brazil :)) for 9 days, and I'm going to leave everything unprotected.
Accuweather has a low of 3C for London Mon-Wed next week - ground-frost territory.
pdid

Post by pdid »

Low of 4 for me, it should tie in well for lifting dahlia and canna early next week. All my aroids, cyathea and pots went into the greenhouse yesterday.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

4c and 3c for me. BUT i am not forecast clear skies on the Monday but i am Sunday. :-(
jezza

Post by jezza »

Most of my garden is now dug up so i don't have anything to protect :shock:
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

Only one 5c low forecast for the next week, mainly 7-10c, still time to get the Ensetes dug up and potted.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

3C and 5C here, however, the automated BBC forecasts can forecast a little on the high side I feel, so 0-1C on the day forecast for 3C, seems a little more likely. It may be a short lived airfrost though.. as cloud is due to move in that night and prevent an all night frost.

One thing that hasn't been said though is that tonight might spring a surprise on some western areas, especially sheltered parts of northwest England and North Wales and more widely, Northern England, who could well find they wake up to a thick frost tomorrow morning. (That includes here)
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Nothing lower than 7C forecast here :D
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Ensetes are being dug up tomorrow. Probably put up the polyhouse as well.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

-1C forecast here for Sunday morning.

I have a couple of Begonia that I will bring in tomorrow. The rest of the plants can just get on with it!
dorothy

Post by dorothy »

I have not touched anything yet but the plan is to dig everything up at the weekend, as long as the rain holds off.