Outlook might be changing ????

Tom2006

Re: Outlook remains excellent

Post by Tom2006 »

Agree with you Nigel. Things looking above average. Long may it continue.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Just grey, grey, grey gloom and more grey. They keep saying it will brighten up on the forecast but after 3 days of continuous gloom, I'm not bothering to watch now.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Conifers »

Sunshine & showers here, but remaining chilly (not seriously cold, just a degree or two below average for the time of year), and no warmup expected.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

got dark at 2:30pm :ahhh!: :ahhh!: :ahhh!:
Attachments
2013-11-08 14-52-30 Storm approaches 4.jpg
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by cordyman »

Dave Brown wrote:got dark at 2:30pm :ahhh!: :ahhh!: :ahhh!:
How's it looking this morning?
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Early signs of something much colder as we move towards the third week ofthe month
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Typically, historically , especially in the mild years , quite often the last third of November saw the first arctic plunge of winter, so I wouldnt be surprised.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Recently in my location it's been consistently cool if not cold recently. This morning backed that up greatly.. it was only "supposed" to fall to around 5C but ended up falling to 1.5C. Colder than most of the UK this morning. I suspect there's a role reversal going on, that means coastal estuary areas are going to be colder than inland areas from now on, indeed that's become the trend, but it wasn't always like this.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

cordyman wrote:
Started off clear and cold with low of 3.1°C at 07:30, then clouded over and is currently (11:21) 6.4°C and moderate rain. A well below average November day, and most unusually cold for a 20mph southerly wind. :roll:
stephenprudence wrote:I suspect there's a role reversal going on, that means coastal estuary areas are going to be colder than inland areas from now on
Stephen, that is 'sheeple' Daily Express talk :lol: Why do you think it will be colder in Estuaries ? Are we expecting prolonged inversion layers in these stormy periods ?
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Just my experience.. I remember 5-10 years ago, we always used to get higher than inland areas in any situation (High pressure, low pressure, no matter the wind direction), it's definitely changed since 2009, and has remained that way. Recently I have been recording lower than even inland areas of UK (not frost hollows), but most other places. Even daytime temperatures don't respond either.

I don't feel short changed, because that's just the way it is, however it gets too uncomfortable at times :wink:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

stephenprudence wrote:Just my experience.. I remember 5-10 years ago, we always used to get higher than inland areas in any situation (High pressure, low pressure, no matter the wind direction), it's definitely changed since 2009
I don't mean this in a derogatory way, but I would say that was lack of experience, in terms of years. For me from 2009 onwards, we returned to what we had before the mild period. :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by cordyman »

Dave Brown wrote:
cordyman wrote:
Started off clear and cold with low of 3.1°C at 07:30, then clouded over and is currently (11:21) 6.4°C and moderate rain. A well below average November day, and most unusually cold for a 20mph southerly wind. :roll:
stephenprudence wrote:I suspect there's a role reversal going on, that means coastal estuary areas are going to be colder than inland areas from now on
Stephen, that is 'sheeple' Daily Express talk :lol: Why do you think it will be colder in Estuaries ? Are we expecting prolonged inversion layers in these stormy periods ?
started off great here, clear blue and great weather, now heavy rain and clouded over :(

This morning, look at all the leaves on trees still :shock:

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Sky at 08:12 and had started to rain shortly after 9am
Attachments
2013-11-09 08-12-44 Morning sunsise .jpg
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by sanatic1234 »

There could be a change in the weather in 7-10 days time. Could be nothing certain if so will be the first real cold spell of autumn.
Attachments
phpOOz0tgPM.jpg
stephenprudence

Yes there is some consistency now on a rather strong cold northerly, then frosty high pressure scenario developing. Whether this pans out like 90s style winters or like 2010 depends on Greenland. If the Greenland High sets up then we could be in for a horrible late November/December period, but should the Greenland High pressure be replaced by low pressure then we will have a cold late November, but still fairly mobile, without much in the way of damaging frost (but plenty of snow)