Late Paul Higginson Succulent Collection sale -Sun 10th Nov

ChrisG

Re: Late Paul Higginson Succulent Collection sale -Sun 10th

Post by ChrisG »

paulrm71 wrote:I also spotted what I suspect to be agave parrasana fireball.....would love that it my small collection!!
You are correct paul has quite few variegated agaves, Although some of these the family are keeping a they were his favourites and quit easy to grow, others may be set aside for ebay auction as they are very rare. I haven't included a photo of his really select plants they are all kept under lock and key and I was only allowed in under supervision they are just too tempting :lol:

If anyone is interested in the more select variegated agaves ( I mean the rare ones) then it would be worth emailing me
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Has anyone got an update on how this went ?
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

How did it go?
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

daz h wrote:cant stop looking at these pics , what a great collection .

any chance someone could identify the yellow/green plant in this pic for me?

[ Image ]
Agave salmiana angustifolia marginata - often confused with Americana but they have a few differences.
JoelR

Post by JoelR »

I went down with the family and stayed the night at Trentham Gardens Premier Inn and paid a visit to the nearby Monkey Forest (140 Barbery Macaques living outdoors all year round in a 3qtr mile wooded enclosure). I also came back with some really nice plants :)

I met Paul for the first time last year at the British Cactus & Succulent National Show and he's sent me a couple of Manfredas and hybrid seed from his own plants which have grown into really unusual plants, not quite variegated but a broken mid-stripe and bright red marginal teeth on one plant.

I came home with maybe a dozen agaves including A. neomexicana "Sunspot", A. ovatifolia "Frosty Blue", 3 forms of Agave parasana including "Meatclaw" and A. montana "baccarat". While I was there I think I also recognised an Aloe polyphylla I sent him :(

I hope Chris won't mind me passing on that the turn out was generally disappointing probably due to the short notice but he's a busy man and struggled to fit in a whole weekend for the sale. Might be worth keeping an eye for more of Paul's plants being sold in the future. I believe some were destined for Ebay.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

a good number of them were reserved for me to collect foe debs next weekend.
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
JoelR

Post by JoelR »

Pity you couldn't make it last weekend Darren. Would have been good to meet you.