filming from the outside wall of a Tornado.

stephenprudence

filming from the outside wall of a Tornado.

Post by stephenprudence »

wow this is so close.. found this vid on youtube.. yesterday a tornado in Oklahoma, but this guy has filmed it from right outside the wall of the tornado, very scary surely, dicing with death there. The guy claims it is an F5, but to be it looks like an F3-F4 to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iuGipb ... ata_player
Conifers

Re: filming from the outside wall of a Tornado.

Post by Conifers »

Can't actually see much there, he's so cr@p at holding the camera! Half the time, all you can see is the car dashboard, how useless!
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Conifers wrote:Can't actually see much there, he's so cr@p at holding the camera! Half the time, all you can see is the car dashboard, how useless!
Yeah, what a fool. Driving away when he could have stayed there and been hit by a tornado. What was he thinking?

:lol:
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

GoggleboxUK wrote:
Conifers wrote:Can't actually see much there, he's so cr@p at holding the camera! Half the time, all you can see is the car dashboard, how useless!
Yeah, what a fool. Driving away when he could have stayed there and been hit by a tornado. What was he thinking?

:lol:
More to the point, not having one person to hold the camera, and another to drive the car . . . filming and driving at the same time is plain stoopid, whether there's a tornado nearby or not!
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Actually he was filming on the very outer wall, the winds there were about 50mph by the looks of it, and trust me, it's very difficult to keep a camera still when winds are gusting at that speed. I've tried it before!
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

I've seen far better tornado film footage taken by a fixed security camera on a house - that one went through the middle of it. Trees and roofs flying through the air, and so on. Can't remember where it was, though.

Also that one on the BBC a couple of years ago showing a tornado tossing several 30-tonne truck containers high in the air.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Its not bad footage, but much better on most of the Storm chaser episodes that Sky use to screen. I'd say F3 at the most.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

:shock:
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

Holy cow thats terrifying! :shock:

A fully fledged severe tropical cyclone is unbelievably destructive, but Id rather face one than a severe tornado thats for sure. With a cyclone you have days notice, time to prepare and consider where you will shelter if you need.

A tornado is just there practically instantaneous. You could be on your way home from work, doing the shopping, watching television, SLEEPING.....then all of a sudden you have to deal with your house being ripped apart or having a huge freakin truck land on you icon_aaargh

Ive read accounts of tornado victims having their skin sucked off, every appendage like fingers, toes, genitals, noses gone. The most massive tropical cyclone cant do that...