Strange services/products found at a Garden Centre

Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Strange services/products found at a Garden Centre

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Well what are the strangest products or services does your local garden centre offer? I think mine probably sells the most random products of any in the country! To give you a few examples mine offers a bike repair service, Bearded Dragons, door knobs, cheese, curry sauce and condoms!
miketropic

Re: Strange services/products found at a Garden Centre

Post by miketropic »

the local garden centers are usually attached to a large DIY store so they sell all types of things. nothing to odd at the home grown ones either..what kind of places are you frequenting that sounds rather odd lol
greyhound

Post by greyhound »

Is it Gordon Riggs ? Kris :lol:
They sell just about everything including underpants,mousetraps,used plantpots,mayonaise,wood offcuts,slippers etc icon_cheers
K9's and exotic palms not a good combo K9's 5 :exotic palms 0
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

Our two local nurseries also sell just about everything NOT to do with gardening! Food, fresh meat, household stuff, frozen food, chutneys, saucepans, etc. Then theres the clothing, men and women, wellies, socks, etc.
Gift cards, books, watches, I could go on forever!
A few plants here and there!
Is Endsleigh Nurseries a country wide chain? As our local one at Ivybridge has had all the outdoor plants stripped, as in, not a single one outside! Its been like this since before Xmas, went out there yesterday and its just the same. Very odd, never seen that anywhere before. They've usually got the winter/dormant stuff still for sale. Any ideas?
The inside shop is still going.
flounder

Post by flounder »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:Well what are the strangest products or services does your local garden centre offer? I think mine probably sells the most random products of any in the country! To give you a few examples mine offers a bike repair service, Bearded Dragons, door knobs, cheese, curry sauce and condoms!
You wouldn't want to get them mixed up! :? :shock: :ahhh!:
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

greyhound wrote:Is it Gordon Riggs ? Kris :lol:
They sell just about everything including underpants,mousetraps,used plantpots,mayonaise,wood offcuts,slippers etc icon_cheers

No, Hampsons, its the strangest Garden centre you'll ever visit. It even sell plants, millions of them!
multim

Post by multim »

[quote="RozDevon"]Our two local nurseries also sell just about everything NOT to do with gardening! Food, fresh meat, household stuff, frozen food, chutneys, saucepans, etc. Then theres the clothing, men and women, wellies, socks, etc.

I thought my garden centre sold most things, not men and women though!
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

There was a GC near my brothers house. Certainly one of those 'how does it survive' as it sold a lot of nothing made in China crappe and near dead plants. It did a brisk trade going by the coming and goings of cars. Turns out it had a back area that was a popular wide swapping venue.
Dave in Warrington

Post by Dave in Warrington »

I saw this post and thought , it's what they don't sell :roll:

Bents garden centre, and for those that don't know it / don't live in the North West, check http://www.bents.co.uk to appreciate it's size

It has, for as long as I can remember, never sold lawn mowers .... always has great christmas displays though :ahhh!:
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

Multim, haha! Just re read my post!!
Cheered me up on a really bad weather day here!
Lovely rain beating the window again!
Hey ho, roll on spring!
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:
greyhound wrote:Is it Gordon Riggs ? Kris :lol:

No, Hampsons, its the strangest Garden centre you'll ever visit. It even sell plants, millions of them!
not that dissimilar to most actual GC/nurseries in the leeds area
Birmingham Chris

Post by Birmingham Chris »

Kris - you can never have enough condoms!! (they're great for filling with water, hanging in a tree in the sun to warm up, and piercing for a shower when camping.....I know what you all thought, you filthy lot.....) :D

I bought Minton floor polish and a sandwich at mine.
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Birmingham Chris wrote:Kris - you can never have enough condoms!! (they're great for filling with water, hanging in a tree in the sun to warm up, and piercing for a shower when camping.....I know what you all thought, you filthy lot.....) :D

I bought Minton floor polish and a sandwich at mine.
They were only one pound for 3!
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

I actually bought a PLANT at my garden centre today!!
A gorgeous cordyline "Electric Pink".
What a colour! Can't wait to plant it out when the weather improves.
£14.99. Never have a sale up there but hey ho, I just HAD to have it!!!! LOL!!