Weekend Weather Warning 8th/9th Feb 2014

cordyman

Re: severe storm warning, Wednesday 12th February!

Post by cordyman »

kata wrote:
Tree down outside my house on the grass verge
LEAVE IT!!! A 70 year old man has died trying to lift a tree, it touched a power line.

This is dreadful weather.

I have Yankee candles on standby... :lol:

:(
I ain't got no plans to touch it Kata :lol: :lol: The council can saw it up, then i'm thinking.............

icon_scratch icon_scratch icon_scratch icon_scratch icon_scratch icon_scratch icon_scratch icon_scratch

I might plant a Trachycarpus in the hole :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: icon_king
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Its been quite subdued here, very little in the way of strong winds, with a top gust of 44mph.. interestingly this is because of Wales sheltering us. No damage here, which is always welcome. It looks bad everywhere else though!
Springy

Post by Springy »

Been working out in it all for weeks now and getting a tad fed up with felting shed roofs and putting up fencing at the moment! It's great when you get a few minutes of sunshine though, it really lifts the spirits!
I just hope that people remember all this when it comes to nice warm sunny weather when they say how lucky I am to work outside instead of an office!! :wink: :lol:
I'm just glad I've got a good set of waterproofs!

Seriously wet and windy here today! :shock:
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

kata wrote:
This is dreadful weather.

I have Yankee candles on standby... :lol:

:(
Kata why buy yankee candles? British are best. :DD
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

jungle jas wrote:Personally I don't think you know what weather is unless you live on the west coast ( controversial or what). :roll:
Errrr, ....., no.

I don't live in the west (now), but I certainly know what "weather" is.

I hope you have survived the storm.
jungle jas

Re: Weekend Weather Warning 8th/9th Feb 2014

Post by jungle jas »

Thanks Adam, I'm still here but I have a day of clearing up rather than working. icon_thumright
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

The idea of dating topics was to discuss a particular weather event, but by changing Topic Tiles so as to be an ongoing discussion is really yet another blog, and we already have a blog. The idea was to create a NEW TOPIC for NEW WEATHER EVENTS so people could comment on the one they wanted to add to. Changing the Title just removes the old topic from "Search by Topic" or Topic list. :roll:

Original topic title restored.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Dave Brown wrote:The idea of dating topics was to discuss a particular weather event, but by changing Topic Tiles so as to be an ongoing discussion is really yet another blog, and we already have a blog. The idea was to create a NEW TOPIC for NEW WEATHER EVENTS so people could comment on the one they wanted to add to. Changing the Title just removes the old topic from "Search by Topic" or Topic list. :roll:
I would find that (new topics for specific weather events) very helpful.
kata

Post by kata »

Create a new one then Kristen,

:lol:
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

kata wrote:Create a new one then Kristen,

:lol:
I think we have enough Kata! :mrgreen:
kata

Post by kata »

Oh do ya Dee....what a hoot!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Dave Brown wrote:The idea of dating topics was to discuss a particular weather event, but by changing Topic Tiles so as to be an ongoing discussion is really yet another blog, and we already have a blog. The idea was to create a NEW TOPIC for NEW WEATHER EVENTS so people could comment on the one they wanted to add to. Changing the Title just removes the old topic from "Search by Topic" or Topic list. :roll:

Original topic title restored.

My bad :lol: The thread naturally progressed and we had discussion of the carnage coming up yesterday being discussed, with no other thread in the main forum
billdango

Post by billdango »

We must be lucky here in Southampton as we missed most of the storms and flooding.

Today has been sunny yet again with moderate winds and it actually felt warm in sheltered places.

We may get clobbered tomorrow though as the next new storm sweeps in.

Better then all that cold and snow in the eastern USA though.

billdango :D
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Winds calmed down here.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

kata wrote:Create a new one then Kristen,
Afraid I have no knowledge of weather forecasting to contribute