What's your favorite gardening chore

jungle jas

What's your favorite gardening chore

Post by jungle jas »

This week I tackled my favorite chore, reducing and thinning the branches on my Eucalyptus tree, a job I have to do every year. Its not that I like swinging about in the branches on a ladder, It's the gorgeous smell as you prune the branches. The smell stays with you for days. What do you enjoy doing. icon_thumright
karl66

Re: What's your favorite gardening chore

Post by karl66 »

I actually enjoy cutting & thinning my grove's of bamboo's, making a note to stop at regular interval's to sip my stella 8)
rburrena

Post by rburrena »

I like trimming the edge of the lawn after mowing. The garden looks so neat and tidy afterwards. What I like most of all though is planting a new addition. :D Don't know if that counts as a chore.
flounder

Post by flounder »

What chores? Cheers, I'll have a lager icon_thumleft
I don't find any time in the garden is a chore, so I enjoy the solitude and lose myself in my own thoughts
call

Post by call »

My favorite chore is buying new plants, its a hard job but somebody's got to do it :lol:
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

Am opposite to Flounder, I rarely if ever sit and do nothing in the garden I need to be picking, moving, cutting or pottering and like that. Drives my family nuts as I never sit down.
dino

Post by dino »

Yes but ultimately you've got to be able to sit down, relax and enjoy it surely. Even for a rare BBQ moment?
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

dino wrote:Yes but ultimately you've got to be able to sit down, relax and enjoy it surely. Even for a rare BBQ moment?
I find it difficult as I always see something that needs doing. I work from home and in the summer often work outside from the patio that and having friends over or eating with the kids, I rarely sit and do nothing out there.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

call wrote:My favorite chore is buying new plants, its a hard job but somebody's got to do it :lol:
Agree :lol: .
My favourite job in the garden is removing old fronds from Dicksonia antarctica to make show the crown so i can see the croziers unfurl .
call

Post by call »

Its actually quite a hard job with my Nan, I see a plant that I like and she doesn't think too much of it and vice versa BUT when we see a plant we both like.... :D :D :D
Neil Ziemski

Post by Neil Ziemski »

Watering, a good opportunity to walk round holding your hose !
kata

Post by kata »

I like all gardening except weeding,

Today I cut a new border, or at least began. These borders are way to narrow to plant. Then the other border wide enough was full of couch grass so I cleared most of that.

The magic is standing back to look at your labours.

Rain stopped play.

:lol:
cheshirepalms
Location: Ellesmere Port, Mersey estuary, Cheshire 53.2N 2.8W

Post by cheshirepalms »

Probably watering after a warm summers day, never get tired of looking around the garden in summer. icon_sunny
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Watering and feeding. It's not really a chore, though, as I take my time and examine and enjoy each plant that gets the treatment.
doncasterpalmguy123

Post by doncasterpalmguy123 »

Not really relevant to exotic gardening but harvest time on the veg patch, seeing what all the hard work for the year has given you. Especially when there are palms just feet away. :lol: