Post by Mr List »

gunnera coming alive

first flowers of the year

my trex which just loves to rot big holes in itself

first boo shoots appearing

stuff

an uber shade success

and an uber shade failure , the duchy schefflera has bit the dust it would seem

some plants in their winter home still coming along nicely.
I have nowhere for the two basjoo and two Mekong spares this year with the mild winter not killing anything,lol.

benbaron

Re: photos from today

Post by benbaron »

Mr List wrote:
I have nowhere for the two basjoo and two Mekong spares this year with the mild winter not killing anything,lol.

I'll take em off your hands ;)

All looking really great and looks like will have a massive leg up from the mild winter!

Ive currently got window sills, full of canna seedlings and ensetes....Im tempted to leave them out but my brain say NOPE.
Last edited by benbaron on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kata

Post by kata »

Garden is certainly coming to life ML..nice one!

Love the Basjoo coming, I am waiting on my two.

icon_cheers
flounder

Post by flounder »

All looking pretty damn good icon_thumleft
Still not sure about the bright coloured skulls, but the darker ones fit well.
I'm still after a mekong, but finances dictate otherwise! Looking closely at the photos do I detect a small area where it's possible to shoehorn something else in? :wink:
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

yes, I have plans to plant 5 things in five spaces this year though non of them are a banana.
ConcreteJungle

Post by ConcreteJungle »

Wow! Love the intense jungle feel - personally I could never sacrifice my "entire" lawn though! - Was that a Fargesia Scabrida i saw? If so - how would you rate its growth rate - and its robustness in some wind?
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

Mr List wrote:yes, I have plans to plant 5 things in five spaces this year though non of them are a banana.
In that case Id def be interested in talking to you about them.....pm me if we can come to a deal ;) Im not made of money though.... :oops:
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

Great plant shots, not sure about the skulls but whatever rocks your boat.

Here in London the flowers are a bit more advanced, some 2 weeks ahead.
Last edited by otorongo on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdid

Post by pdid »

Nice pics Mr L.

I managed to have a fairly productive day myself, fixed the fence and tidied out the greenhouse. I've now got space for seeds and rhizomes to go in in a few weeks. I've also tidied and repotted my collies.
kata

Post by kata »

I have been the phantom couch grass destroyer... :lol: :lol: what a....??? of a job but the border certainly looks better without it.

My ordered bag of poo turned up today for the roses, just waiting on two bags of compost.

icon_sunny
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

ConcreteJungle wrote:Wow! Love the intense jungle feel - personally I could never sacrifice my "entire" lawn though! - Was that a Fargesia Scabrida i saw? If so - how would you rate its growth rate - and its robustness in some wind?

possibly, I have all the fargesia B&Q sell in little one litre pots picked up in sales I don't know which are which mostly.

how do you know which is couch grass kata?
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

kata wrote:I have been the phantom couch grass destroyer... :lol: :lol: what a....??? of a job but the border certainly looks better without it.

My ordered bag of poo turned up today for the roses, just waiting on two bags of compost.

icon_sunny
Couch grass is horrible stuff.

I have managed to get some in my grass border and this is the best time of year to get rid of it as it comes up before the ornamental grasses.
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

Ha ha Mr List! Looks like lots of murders in your area!! Are you connected to NCIS??????
Seriously, your garden is so lush! Love the height you have achieved, my goal this year is to FEED, FEED, and get some lush growth and tropical lushness!!!!!!
bonkersinbrighton

Post by bonkersinbrighton »

Great to see especially after seeing your vid on FB to see the difference :shock:

icon_salut
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

yeah, it looks so small in that video, weird