North West Wales in for a hammering on last friday in Feb.

jungle jas

North West Wales in for a hammering on last friday in Feb.

Post by jungle jas »

Went out at 5oc tonight to find clear sky, and even worse no wind. :ahhh!: In my case that is the worst scenario possible. The frost rolls down the mountains and sits in the garden! As long as there is a slight wind the water in the estuary keeps the frost away but no wind, and I'm in trouble. I shouldn't complain I suppose this will be the second frost this winter. Its a bit of a shame though as I have had to go out and cover everything up. :roll: icon_thumright
Last edited by jungle jas on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
kata

Re: North West Wales in for a hammering tonight.

Post by kata »

But you have the most beautiful scenery J.J

:lol:
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

I get this all the time, it's not far off 0C now, not a whisp of air.

It's not long since I have discovered I'm a frost hollow.. I never used to get these instances as much back in the 90s/early 00s.. don't know about your location though.

Due to advancing marsh and a fairly weak tide up the estuary, we have a climate more typical of inland more like central England, rather than the coastal location would suggest. Certainly we don't get situations where we are mild like a coastal region, and we used to.. something has definitely changed, and I do think it's the marsh which is expanding rapidly meaning the local climate is changing very quickly. I think this is the same for much of Wales anyway, away from exposed coasts. It's amazing how cold Wales can get given it's position, but it's largely down to the undulating topography as you say.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Feel sorry for you Jas, as unless you change the title you will be hammered every night from now on :ahhh!:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by jungle jas »

Kata, I shall look forward to looking at my beautiful frost covered garden and surrounding landscape in the morning. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: The tops of the mountains were already covered in snow this morning, can't wait to see what they look like in the morning. icon_thumright
jungle jas

Re West Wales in for a hammering on last friday in Feb.

Post by jungle jas »

Good thinking Dave. :) Any way both myself and the BBC weather were wrong! :ahhh!: The temperature rose and it started to rain around 22 hrs last night, the snow has gone from the mountains and all we have now is a layer of Dragons breath a third of the way up the mountains, which always look nice. icon_cheers They have promised us another cold night tonight so I wont take the covers off the plants until tomorrow. icon_thumright
stephenprudence

Re: North West Wales in for a hammering on last friday in Fe

Post by stephenprudence »

Here we just had clear sky all night, so it actually dropped to 0.0C but shortlived.. not an airfrost technically, but I think it's as good as one. Quite fortunate not to go any lower. Another frost tonight!
kata

Re: North West Wales in for a hammering on last friday in Fe

Post by kata »

the snow has gone from the mountains
AWE... :( :( :(