hardy citrus

doncasterpalmguy123

Re: hardy citrus

Post by doncasterpalmguy123 »

leunerj wrote:Hi all - just resurrecting this old thread as someone in the US kindly sent me some hardy citrus seeds: changsa orange and ichangsis lemon to be precise. Apparently they're both cold/moisture hardy so could be a good option for the UK. They have been sprouting really easily so thought I'd post on here if anyone is interested in getting some. I may also post on the Swaps/Freebies forum to see if there's any interest there. If you're interested, it'd be great if you could cover postage but I'm also open to swaps if you have something interesting.
Sounds like you on a win mate! My trifoliate orange seedlings are just starting to open their buds now its spring, can't wait till they really start growing again. :D
wendylg

Post by wendylg »

Very interested in seeds happy to pay postage. If still available how do I provide address doncasterpalmguy please
W
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

Will the fruit from those seeds be edible?

The only citrus I've got is a kumquat grafted on a lemon rootstock, it's just had its 3rd winter outside and is happy. Not much luck with fruit though.
doncasterpalmguy123

Post by doncasterpalmguy123 »

wendylg wrote:Very interested in seeds happy to pay postage. If still available how do I provide address doncasterpalmguy please
W
Ah im terribly sorry but i have no seeds left my friend, i was just exclaiming my excitement for the growth of my seedlings :D
leunerj

Post by leunerj »

Wendy - were you referring to the hardy citrus seeds that I have? If you're interested, send me a private message. Otorongo - I think the fruits are edible but quite sour... with a taste somewhere between a lemon and a grapefruit. They are used a lot for flavouring in Japanese and Korean cuisine.