Could be an Echium Summer !

TonyJ

Could be an Echium Summer !

Post by TonyJ »

For the first time in quite a few years, my self-sown Echiums look like they are all going to flower ! I think they'll look pretty good in a month or so....some of them are already 7-8ft plus. These pics were taken this morning...apologies for the quality but I hope they give you some idea of what I'm talking about.....
Attachments
HPIM2367.JPG
HPIM2366.JPG
HPIM2368.JPG
HPIM2370.JPG
dino

Re: Could be an Echium Summer !

Post by dino »

Look surperb. Great pics icon_thumright
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Wow...they are going to produce quite a show!
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
cheshirepalms
Location: Ellesmere Port, Mersey estuary, Cheshire 53.2N 2.8W

Post by cheshirepalms »

They will look great all flowering together! When were they sown? I've just sown some today :)
kata

Post by kata »

Looking forward to seeing them in flower.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Oh wow Tony, they look amazing grouped together like that, and i thought my ONE was pretty cool :mrgreen:
TonyJ

Post by TonyJ »

They werent planted as such, just seem to have popped up in the right places. In saying that i have thinned some out too as an insurance. This will have been their second Winter so if you can protect them for 2 years i'd say you would be guaranteed a flower. I think mine will be a mix of Pininana with a bit of Wildprettii...had a cracking one in the garden last year. Will post more pics as they progress
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Wow Tony! What a garden plan, trachys and Echiums, simple, yet looks fantastic! drunken_smilie1 drunken_smilie1 drunken_smilie1 icon_salut

Just shows what can be achieved without needing masses of variety.

Hope you post up pics when they all flower this year icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
Springy

Post by Springy »

Yes they will look fantastic!!! icon_cheers

My big question is still..... Do multi headed echiums still flower??!! icon_scratch
TonyJ

Post by TonyJ »

Thanks for all of the kind comments ! I certainly will put up some pics when they flower...and with a better camera too. As for multi-headed Echiums - I assume that you mean cold damaged Pininana rather than Candicans ? If so, then If you look closely you may spot one or two of mine have more than one head....so the answer is yes icon_thumleft
Springy

Post by Springy »

TonyJ wrote:Thanks for all of the kind comments ! I certainly will put up some pics when they flower...and with a better camera too. As for multi-headed Echiums - I assume that you mean cold damaged Pininana rather than Candicans ? If so, then If you look closely you may spot one or two of mine have more than one head....so the answer is yes icon_thumleft
Thanks Tony, yes I did mean cold damaged pininana. I enlarged your images and I can now see that some are multiheaded. I couldn't see that before! :oops:

icon_salut