Cordyline Banksii

fern Rob

Cordyline Banksii

Post by fern Rob »

Well the I have managed to get one of the few Cordyline Banksii that have came in to the country. Been on a waiting list, seen a picture of the plant and can not wait to plant it. Because they appear to be rare in cultivation, does anyone have any advice on care and planting? Thought this one would go well with my Newzealand style plant collection.
benbaron

Re: Cordyline Banksii

Post by benbaron »

Nice....Where did you source?
dino

Post by dino »

Pic please icon_thumright
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

dino wrote:Pic please icon_thumright
Pics when it arrives later in the week. :D
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

benbaron wrote:Nice....Where did you source?
Urban jungle but they have sold them all I believe, really helpful and a pleasure to deal with.
I will be buying from them in future.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

There's someone on ebay selling seeds but the 2 pics he has up look more like Australis and Karo Kiri to me:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cordyline-ban ... 0694076199
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

The first picture to me looks like Cordyline indivisa in my opinion.
griphuz

Post by griphuz »

Seeds are easy to find, but plants I have rarely encountered.
http://www.rarepalmseeds.com/pix/CorBan.shtml

Are you going to plant it out and leave it out in winter?

Kind regards,
Remko.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Tropical Britain sell them as plants.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

fern Rob wrote:The first picture to me looks like Cordyline indivisa in my opinion.
Yes the first picture on that ebay link is Cordyline indivisa & the second pic is a Cordyline kaspar...
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

griphuz wrote:Seeds are easy to find, but plants I have rarely encountered.
http://www.rarepalmseeds.com/pix/CorBan.shtml

Are you going to plant it out and leave it out in winter?

Kind regards,
Remko.
Not sure yet, great quality plant with 30cm trunk but now not sure if its going to fits right in the area I want to plant it, I think I may end up selling it unfortunately as the canopy of this beautiful plant may be squashed in the boarder and not shown to its best and that would be a terrible thing to do to such a rare plant in cultivation. :(
Maltazer

Post by Maltazer »

fern Rob wrote:
Urban jungle but they have sold them all I believe, really helpful and a pleasure to deal with.
I will be buying from them in future.
I love Urban Jungle. I bought a couple of Iresine from them last year and they told me to take cuttings from them because they are so easy to grow. What other garden centre / nursery would do themselves out of next years sale like that!

I've now got 12 growing on my windowsill but despite the hour+ drive I'll be back for more of their stuff for sure.

It's just unfortunate that I didn't discover them in time for my late wife to visit - she loved everything tropical and their "edible garden" packed full of impressive bananas would have been right up her street :-)

Mal
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

I would like to visit .
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

Maltazer wrote: I love Urban Jungle. I bought a couple of Iresine from them last year and they told me to take cuttings from them because they are so easy to grow. What other garden centre / nursery would do themselves out of next years sale like that!

I've now got 12 growing on my windowsill but despite the hour+ drive I'll be back for more of their stuff for sure.

It's just unfortunate that I didn't discover them in time for my late wife to visit - she loved everything tropical and their "edible garden" packed full of impressive bananas would have been right up her street :-)

Mal
Am also a big urbanjungle fan. Plants are large, well cared for and healthy, all orders have been well packed and Liz was very helpful. Prices are also keen.