Napalease Lily

kata

Napalease Lily

Post by kata »

Well, I can't believe something so small can become something so huge.

Just got my Napalease Lilly from De Jegar this morning, its very tiny. I opened the box and expected a gigantic bulb.

Hopefully one day it will grow a Lily this size.
nepaleselily2.jpg
nepaleselily2.jpg (19.13 KiB) Viewed 959 times
icon_cheers
Barry

Re: Napalease Lily

Post by Barry »

Nice icon_thumleft ;better keep an eye out for Lily beetles,I've bumped a couple off already and we have started with the garlic spray as well.
kata

Post by kata »

:lol: :lol: It will be some months before this is big enough for a LB Barry.....I tell you its tiny.

Really gutted tonight. I bought three fritilliaras Imperalis last Autumn. I found them in a cupboard and two were soft so I never held out much hope.

Anyway one sprouted, was looking great till I noticed it was leaning for some reason. I propped it up with canes but it still fell to one side.

it finally snapped at the bottom of the stem. Obviusly I had to Investigate, pulled it from the pot and my goodness I had previously planted in that pot a very large Turkish Lily which I forgot about.

No wonder it was pushed over, the Turkish Lillie bulbs are extremely large....gutted as it was in bud.

:( :( :( :(
charliepridham

Post by charliepridham »

Seem to remember my original bulb was the size of a large plum.
kata

Post by kata »

A plum size would be good Charlie,

80cm is way off for what I wanted, I was supposed to buy a Tree Lily. maybe thats why its so small.
newlily.jpg
lilyname.jpg
I ave wrote to De Jegaer to confirm just what it is. But by the tape measure 80cm seems quite tall.