Cyperus Papyrus from seed

stevieboy1

Re: Cyperus Papyrus from seed

Post by stevieboy1 »

Ok cool. I planted outs on the 7th march as if yet these didn't seen to be any movement. Hopefully they will start moving soon if not I will get some more when I can.

Thank you for your info ;-)

Kind regards
Steve :-)
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

My seed was sown late summer with the purpose of overwintering small young plants. Germinated in ten days. Thinned to five seedlings. Separated and potted up. Three didn't make it. Two have successfully overwintered.
stevieboy1

Post by stevieboy1 »

Ive just looked at the seeds again today and i can see two have started to germinate so far with a very tiny almost hard to see grass like blade just sprouting. so hopefully more will germinate and they will keep growing.
I suppose when there big enough to handle i can move them to there small pots till bigger.
I planted them on the 7th and now the 23rd march so just over two weeks. My daughter is happy and cant wait for them to get growing. icon_cheers

Kind regards
Steve icon_thumright
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

More should follow very soon, Steve.
stevieboy1

Post by stevieboy1 »

GREVILLE wrote:More should follow very soon, Steve.

Ooh hope so there were 20 seeds and would be nice to get a few of these going should make for a nice plant in the side of my pond during the summer etc then try and over winter them indoors.

Kind regards
Steve icon_thumleft