Auto vent opener

samtobuk

Auto vent opener

Post by samtobuk »

Can anyone recommend from experience a reliable but cheapish vent opener for standard greenhouse? Now temps are starting to get up in the day I need to get this sorted but don't want to overspend or equally buy something cheap that fails and allows the contents to cook!!

Thanks
Blairs

Re: Auto vent opener

Post by Blairs »

I have the 'Botanico XL Autovent', £11 delivered via Amazon warehouse. Keep an eye on there and some come up all the time, none at the moment I add.
multim

Post by multim »

I used to use a Jemp-Vent which was good. These types mostly use an expansive wax within a cylinder which expands to open the vent during hot weather. I don't have a greenhouse anymore as the smaller one's get hot in Summer and cold in Winter.
samtobuk

Post by samtobuk »

Thanks both. Had a look and some pretty bad review for Jemp Vent on Amazon, sounds like they have some reliability/build quality issues now!

Will have a look for Botanico ones at a decent price.

Anyone else able to recommend any other brands?
JoelR

Post by JoelR »

I've had a couple of the Baylis ones and they work fine. If you have aluminium frames make sure you buy the right type.
JeffYoung

Post by JeffYoung »

I have three of the Bayless ones, which have been faultless for 4 or 5 years now. I've never had any others, though, so I've nothing to compare them to.

Cheers,
Jeff.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

samtobuk wrote:Can anyone recommend from experience a reliable but cheapish vent opener
Pick one!

I use Bayliss