Bizzare 7ft Paulownia cutting.

pdid

Bizzare 7ft Paulownia cutting.

Post by pdid »

So after cutting down my paulownia at the back end of the season last year, rather than putting the cut stem in the recycle, I left the the cut stem propped up against the kids swing and forgot about it. Imagine my surprise when I noticed this today.

I went to pick it up and it wouldn't move. It must be the easiest cutting I've ever taken :lol:
Arlon Tishmarsh

Re: Bizzare 7ft Paulownia cutting.

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Nice one.......... :lol:

Will you replant it in another spot ?
pdid

Post by pdid »

I doubt it, I have 4 dotted about as is. I'll probably just pull it up, it will be awkward to get out without moving the swing and slide.
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

If you are binning it then Id be happy to give it a chance when I come to pick up the Mekong? icon_thumleft
grub

Post by grub »

Mine do it every year, I've tried rooting them in the pond but they don't even hold their leaves all summer :(
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Mmmmmm planted a small 6" one out last year.....it did not really grow and the leaves were no bigger than my hands.....and after seeing these pics there is no buds like that on it yet :(
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
pdid

Post by pdid »

benbaron wrote:If you are binning it then Id be happy to give it a chance when I come to pick up the Mekong? icon_thumleft
If it comes out easily and with a bit of root you're welcome to it icon_thumleft
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

I pollard mine every two or three years to get large leaves one year and flowers on the others. I left the logs in the beds and they did the same thing and shooted out lots of leaves and branches.