anyone planted out his maurelli ?

The Codfather

Re: anyone planted out his maurelli ?

Post by The Codfather »

fern Rob wrote:I just covered one up that was planted out this winter, it doesn't look too healthy but its still alive .
Planted out over winter :shock:
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

The Codfather wrote:
fern Rob wrote:I just covered one up that was planted out this winter, it doesn't look too healthy but its still alive .
Planted out over winter :shock:
Gardeners are hardcore in Sheffield. Lol

I can't imagine anyone would routinely plant them out in early march. It can be too cool and wet leading to rot in march and april. (remember last year)
eddie

Post by eddie »

I'm tempted by this weather we're having...but it could be that two weeks from now we're having +5c wind & rain. You never know in this country. I'm being patient till first week of april. Never recorded a frost in April in the garden, and it's supposed to be the driest month of the year
Washingtonia Trachycarpus Cordyline? Bamboos Olive tree? Bananas
eddie

Post by eddie »

Planted out the Maurelli, danger of frost is gone I believe, beautiful summer weather here now

Dug a hole with fresh compost and water, mixed well with the soil and off you go mr Maurelli

icon_thumright
Washingtonia Trachycarpus Cordyline? Bamboos Olive tree? Bananas
ConcreteJungle

Post by ConcreteJungle »

When is the best time to put maurelli plug plants out?? or let them grow in 3 -5 litre pots first? Currently in small 9cm pots i think.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

ConcreteJungle wrote:When is the best time to put maurelli plug plants out?? or let them grow in 3 -5 litre pots first? Currently in small 9cm pots i think.

If they are plugs now then wait until June when they will be good sized plants.
ourarka

Post by ourarka »

My two went out today. The forecasted temps don't show anything scary over the next 10 days and anything after that (barring freak events) won't be anything. I can't just throw a sheet over. They have overwintered dry and seem great, being about 3' tall and were growing almost as I watched them the last few days in tiny pots in my unheated conservatory so I've released them in to the wild, so to speak.