Longest summer since 1910 :)

ConcreteJungle

Longest summer since 1910 :)

Post by ConcreteJungle »

If this is true - my washingtonia robusta will get a good start to its life! But on the downside my robellini will need some extra shade from the sun - it limped with persistent sun last year, although it was probably acclimatising, despite daily watering.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/46 ... UR-months#
Adam D

Re: Longest summer since 1910 :)

Post by Adam D »

Sorry to be the "Voice of Doom", but it's the Daily Express and I am not going to even boost their clicks by clicking through on the link.
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

It would be nice to have 120 days of 30C+ temps icon_thumleft I hope it materializes.
The garden would need a lot of watering though...
ConcreteJungle

Post by ConcreteJungle »

Adam D wrote:Sorry to be the "Voice of Doom", but it's the Daily Express and I am not going to even boost their clicks by clicking through on the link.
never been on their site before so dont know how reliable this paper is - was just checking out weather for the week ahead - then it popped up on google the headline. But yeah - more sun = more water needed! Good job im not on a meter.
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

I don't even get 120 days at 30+c :lol: If it happens find me a nice flat to rent and I'll come on over
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Adam D wrote:Sorry to be the "Voice of Doom", but it's the Daily Express and I am not going to even boost their clicks by clicking through on the link.
What he said.

:lol:
Cardiffcol

Post by Cardiffcol »

What a load of balderdash!! Seeing is believing though. I wonder if they have ever written a story on long range forecasts being highly improbable. Or more to the point, sorry we were wrong.....again!!!
billdango

Post by billdango »

I wouldn't insult my cranium by reading that rubbish?

We will probably just get a bad summer anyway as at the moment we seem to get 8 bad and 2 good summers every 10 years on average.

I would be happy to get 2 good weeks out of every month between now and October as maybe my S Romanzoffianum may actually produce more then one leaf a year and I won't get fed up with it and dig it up this year.

billdango :D
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

billdango wrote:I wouldn't insult my cranium by reading that rubbish?

We will probably just get a bad summer anyway as at the moment we seem to get 8 bad and 2 good summers every 10 years on average.

I would be happy to get 2 good weeks out of every month between now and October as maybe my S Romanzoffianum may actually produce more then one leaf a year and I won't get fed up with it and dig it up this year.

Bill what was summer 1910 like? :)
bordersboy

Post by bordersboy »

Maybe all that good weather will burn off this damned fog weve got in Edinburgh. Ive not seen the sun or even a cloud in the sky since last Friday ! :evil:
flounder

Post by flounder »

I'd settle for 120 hours of summer but somewhere in the UK they will get 120 minutes :roll:
These newspapers will eventually get one prediction right, but then again if you had an infinite amount of monkeys and an infinite amount of type writers, one will eventually write the works of Shakespeare icon_study
Tubby, or not tubby.....fat is the question
call

Post by call »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:
billdango wrote:I wouldn't insult my cranium by reading that rubbish?

Bill what was summer 1910 like? :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: