Welcome back HTUK

GREVILLEAJ

Welcome back HTUK

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

Thanks again to Aidan for restoring our sanity. We can all now look to the future with renewed confidence. icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers
Chez2

Welcome back HTUK

Post by Chez2 »

Yes, thanks Aidan.
tatter

Welcome back HTUK

Post by tatter »

Chez2 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:54 am Yes, thanks Aidan.
i concur hurrah icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_salut
Jim
I'm older than yesterday but younger than tomorrow
chainsaw kid

Welcome back HTUK

Post by chainsaw kid »

Yes if it was Aidan thank you. I will tell you what I noticed, every other time the site has gone down there has been comments on other forums. This time not a murmur from any one! What does that tell you? A bit sad isn't it. icon_salut Jas.

Edit, I stand corrected, Tatter has just put it on EPS. :lol:
Don't Just sit there, plant something!

The Kid.
Chez2

Welcome back HTUK

Post by Chez2 »

chainsaw kid wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:47 pm Yes if it was Aidan thank you. I will tell you what I noticed, every other time the site has gone down there has been comments on other forums. This time not a murmur from any one! What does that tell you? A bit sad isn't it. Jas.
It was Elge Onion who put on post on a Fcebook group. Someone then tagged Aiden who then quickly reported back that he had fixed it.
chainsaw kid

Welcome back HTUK

Post by chainsaw kid »

Chez2 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:21 pm It was Elge Onion who put on post on a Fcebook group. Someone then tagged Aiden who then quickly reported back that he had fixed it.
Thanks' for the information Chez, I'm afraid that only makes me more pessimistic. This site was down for what 2 weeks? The powers that be had to be told on Facebook the site was down :roll: ..... It doesn't bode well for the future does it? There are just a handful of us trying to keep this forum alive! When I think of what it was like a couple of years ago, defiantly the best site in the country. icon_scratch icon_salut I dispair. :?

The Kid.
karl66

Welcome back HTUK

Post by karl66 »

Jas, I share your frustration..there is demand for this site but nobody gives a toss about its upkeep.
tatter

Welcome back HTUK

Post by tatter »

i too share your frustration Karl and Jas since it was this forum that really got me into tropical gardening in the first place . i like many others i am sure dont use or wish to use facebookl or its kin so yes a need for thuis forum is still there i hope
Jim
Chez2

Welcome back HTUK

Post by Chez2 »

A forum is better for referencing old information but Facebook is easier to upload photos and you can access it easily on a mobile device.

Edit - if Aiden isn't in to gardening he can't be expected to keep checking this is working.
chainsaw kid

Welcome back HTUK

Post by chainsaw kid »

I agree with you Chez but on the General Error page the was a notification button to inform the site administrators there was a problem. I sent a notification nothing was done! Which means no one is monitoring the site.

By the way who is this General Error? Any relation to Kernel Blimp. icon_scratch icon_thumleft

Karl, Tatter I to have learned much from this forum which is why it is so frusterating. icon_thumright

The Kid.
karl66

Welcome back HTUK

Post by karl66 »

Jas,i'd go as far as saying 60% of my exotic plantings would be dead without valuable information/first hand experience from previous members on here.
tatter

Welcome back HTUK

Post by tatter »

there does however seem to be some activity on the newest members activation .
Jim
chainsaw kid

Welcome back HTUK

Post by chainsaw kid »

karl66 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:12 pm Jas,i'd go as far as saying 60% of my exotic plantings would be dead without valuable information/first hand experience from previous members on here.
[/quot

Karl I know what you mean, I have plants in my garden I hadn't even known existed until I came on this site. icon_thumright

The Kid.
GREVILLEAJ

Welcome back HTUK

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

Welcome back again.

Thanks for restoring order, Aidan
Doc86

Welcome back HTUK

Post by Doc86 »

Is this site dead?
I didn't visit for a good while but when I left it was an amazing forum!
Every time I tried to come back it was down! I actually thought it had been shut down permanently at one point!
I am back on now and it's a shadow of what it used to be!
So sad. I learned everything from the people on here! (Used to be on here)

Would the owners be willing to give the site over to someone who could actually run it?
Maybe run by a committee of the HTUK old guard willing to support it being maintained?