Spaghetti Junction(!)

Birmingham Chris

Spaghetti Junction(!)

Post by Birmingham Chris »

This may be a bit of an odd question, but is anyone on here the chap / chappess who has the AMAZING garden with the massive palms etc right next to Spaghetti Junction? If you are, please, please , please could you make yourself known and invite myself and Birmingham Ben over to have a look, get green with envy and pick your brains?

I sometimes go that way to work even though it is longer just so that I can sit in the traffic and admire it!
Last edited by Birmingham Chris on Mon May 11, 2009 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: Spaghetti Junction(!)

Post by Dave Brown »

Birmingham Chris wrote:
I sometimes go that way to work event though it is longer just so that I can sit in the traffic and admire it!
You got it bad Chris :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Isn't that why we're all here, Dave? :D

It's my guilty pleasure.
themes

Post by themes »

Birmingham Chris wrote:Isn't that why we're all here, Dave? :D

It's my guilty pleasure.
I think it was on gardeneres world a few years back i recall
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Chris, Go that way for a 'Sunday drive', knock on the door, tell the owner what a fantastic garden they have (flattery goes a long way) and invite them to join HTUK ...like as not you will be invited to have a look around!
Cathy :)
kentgardener

Post by kentgardener »

Hi Chris,

I agree with Cathy - I love it when someone stops to chat about the bamboo in my front yard - the owner of that garden may be sitting there waiting for someone local to talk plants with.

What's the worst that could happen?

Cheers

John
Libby

Post by Libby »

kentgardener wrote:
What's the worst that could happen?
There not in????
:lol:
bodster

Post by bodster »

in which case you can steal all their palms ;)
NattiH

Post by NattiH »

Who's up for a visit to steal them all then?? :shock: :D
Birmingham Chris

I'll chip in for a van then, and we can meet by the Select and Save. I'll be the one wearing a black, lycra catsuit and holding suction pads! How are you all suited for Saturday 2AM?! :D

ps;

Bring tools......
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

I remember back in 1971 think it was it was. I had a Saturday Job at a laundry, and was assisting delivery of linen to Hotels. I remember seiing 2 x 10 or 12 ft palms in a front garden in Sydenham (South London). I memorised the journey home (was too young to drive then) and made my Mum drive me back there for a second look. :lol: I plumped up the courage to knock on the door, and would you believe it, when they answered, they were renting the house and all they knew was the owner brought them back from the South of France. :roll:

These eventually turned out to be our old friends Trachycarpus fortunei. It was to be another 4 years before I managed to lay my hands on one. icon_cheers
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
bodster

Post by bodster »

take your removal van via brum Natti :)
real_ale

Post by real_ale »

Birmingham Chris wrote:This may be a bit of an odd question, but is anyone on here the chap / chappess who has the AMAZING garden with the massive palms etc right next to Spaghetti Junction? If you are, please, please , please could you make yourself known and invite myself and Birmingham Ben over to have a look, get green with envy and pick your brains?

I sometimes go that way to work even though it is longer just so that I can sit in the traffic and admire it!
Hi Chris, Where about is this garden?
Chalk Brow

Post by Chalk Brow »

Took a "walk" on Google maps and found this by Spaghetti Junction ~ is this the garden in question?
Attachments
28 Slade Road Birmingham.jpg
bobbyd44

Post by bobbyd44 »

good work chalky!!! it does look good well established palms there!!!