Parrot's.

Forum rules
Same as all HTUK forums, be courteous, polite and tolerant, remember everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if you don't agree with it ;)
karl66

Parrot's.

Post by karl66 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:29 am

Has anyone on the forum ever kept them?, i know you wont see them as natural wildlife in uk but kept in large cages they can compliment tropical gardens on most patio's in spring & summer time!!. I've had various species many years ago inc african greys, various amazon's , yellow & sulphure crested cockatoo's & almost bought a giant macaw!!. you will have to keep the wings clipped on all the above as once there sitting on there perch outside the cage, they like to take flight. They take a lot of upkeep to care for them properly but once you get to grips they can be very rewarding pets!, oh and they drive you mad mimicking other family members & other pets. karl.

kata

Re: Parrot's.

Post by kata » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:33 am

http://flowersnpalms.com/floraandfaunauk/

Rain...nowt but rain...Welcome to Lancashire............ :lol: :lol: :lol:

philip kitts

Post by philip kitts » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:09 am

Down here around London there are 1000s of ring necked parakeets flying around I've heard them but never seen one but in some areas they flock in large numbers, you wouldn't want them in your apple orchard though :ahhh!:

Kerry78

Post by Kerry78 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:10 am

I have 3x Cockatiels 8)

I have kept birds for years i've had Pigeons and even a Goose which sadly got savaged by a fox :evil: