Welcome back HTUK

Chez2

Welcome back HTUK

Post by Chez2 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:07 pm

There were too many people reading the forum but not bothering to contribute; bit selfish really. It has been down bit not for a long time apart from the odd brief blip.

chainsaw kid

Welcome back HTUK

Post by chainsaw kid » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:19 pm

I'm not so sure its a blip Chez, Grevalle has been on EPS saying he can't get back on here! icon_scratch
Don't Just sit there, plant something!

The Kid.

GREVILLEAJ

Welcome back HTUK

Post by GREVILLEAJ » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:22 pm

At least this blip is back.

Just did a random visit and found the login page allowed me in. No email or internal message to say problem solved or whatever.

Seem to remember when I disappeared like this last year my return was equally as sudden and unexpected.

Current watchword of this forum is 'SURPRISE!'

Chez2

Welcome back HTUK

Post by Chez2 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:05 pm

oh dear, perhaps they have got fed up with running it when nobody posts?

chainsaw kid

Welcome back HTUK

Post by chainsaw kid » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:44 pm

Welcome back again Grev, icon_cheers
Don't Just sit there, plant something!

The Kid.

GREVILLEAJ

Welcome back HTUK

Post by GREVILLEAJ » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:34 pm

Thank you, CK.

Not quite plain sailing. When I lost contact through using a new phone, I was puzzled by my old phone at the same time inviting me to log in with my original user name GREVILLE. Of course, this was refused and hence my disappearing act.

I got back in on my old phone when my current user name (with AJ added) reappeared. The trouble is my new device is continuing to tell me you're out of action if you use the present user name icon_scratch

Just stay with the old phone would be the answer. No. The camera on that phone has failed. I can log in but can't download pics.

Any help appreciated. I'm a digital dinosaur.

GREVILLEAJ

Welcome back HTUK

Post by GREVILLEAJ » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:21 pm

Bumped this up again as the latest welcome back is issued. Even if it's stumbling and limping along still grateful for its reappearance.

Doubly welcome for me as I lost contact six weeks ago when I misplaced my old phone that serves as a 'mini-tablet' which is the only access I have to HTUK. Compounded by the fact I did locate it a week later only to lose it again....Doh! My current phone and laptop still do not let me back in whatever way I try. Found the phone last week only for the site to be down again.

So let's get posting........

John P

Welcome back HTUK

Post by John P » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:12 am

Grev it is a dead duck on here I really cannot understand why it has come back again. I think you are flogging a dead horse. I have given up posting on here but as you had tried to kick it off again, felt I had to make a few comments. There is no one in Admin monitoring the forum and Dave Brown ignores my personal messages to him. Most members are fed up with access difficulties and the lack of responses to forum matters. It's a tragesty its come to this, on what was a really active and informative forum.

I am sure I could post a thread on sex, drugs and rock and roll and it would not be moderated.

John

GREVILLEAJ

Welcome back HTUK

Post by GREVILLEAJ » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:32 pm

Appreciate the point you are making, John. Never been one to give up easily on any worth while cause but if this ship eventually never comes up for air my feet are firmly entrenched in two camps so I'm perfectly safe.

Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Welcome back HTUK

Post by Yorkshire Kris » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:59 am

I have to agree John. I only check on here now to see how the few old regulars are doing who don't use other social media platforms. A great shame as I loved this forum and put a lot of effort into it with my posts over the years.